PowerForce Rules Football

DaRadniz29

If you've seen my FieldBall Sport, then you know I enjoy creating new sports. I'm at it again... well not so much creating new, but a variation of the rules. Like Rugby to Australian Rules Football, which I'm starting to like a bit better than Rugby, though granted here in the states neither is really shown on TV all that much so I don't get as big a taste of either as I'd like without finding local leagues to watch.

PowerForce Rules Football (PFR Football or PFRF if you prefer) is American Football aka Gridiron to some. Though PFR Football utilizes a few differences, kind of combining elements of American Football, Canadian Football, and maybe even a little XFL along with my own adjustments to make the game exciting, and yet maybe a little tougher?

I got the idea for PFR Football after I decided that Field Ball just wouldn't really work as a sport in my Sci-Fi TV Series. While my TV series takes place on another Earth-like planet in the future, PFR Football is going to play as one of the most popular sports of that planet. So how far into the future they are compared to us remains to be seen, but it may not be all that far a head.

In any case, I figured that PFR Football could translate fairly easily into present time, in case my TV show gets picked up and PFR Football gets picked up, I'd have rules already in place, that and with a number of things to work on as I'm definitely not yet done with FieldBall, my fantasy novel as well this PFR Football gives me something else to work on while gathering info and doing research for my other projects. Besides, whoever said that procrastinating doesn't lead to good ideas? :)

Here is PowerForce Rules Football:

PLAYERS, FIELD SIZE

- 8 vs 8

- 120 yard field in length. 100 yard playing area, with 2-10 yard endzones.

- Field Goal posts are at the back of the endzone.

-The width of the field would be 165 ft. (55 yards)

The 8 on 8 opens up the playing field. Minimum of 3 linemen - Max of 5.

CLOCK and GAME MANAGEMENT

-2, 30-minute periods with a running clock until under 5-minutes remaining in each period then out of bounds, incomplete passes and timeouts, etc. stop the clock.

-Each Team receives two timeouts per period.

If game is tied after regulation, one full 15-minute period is played.

-Each Team is guaranteed ONE possession.

Uses standard NCAA-sized football.

DOWN & DISTANCE, PRES-SNAP, DURING PLAY

- 4 downs to gain 20 yards.

- Intentional Grounding CANNOT occur on a rollout or scramble play.

-In this instance the QB is NOT required to get the ball to the LOS.

- Kickoffs occur from the 30 yard line.

- Kicking Team players must have one foot on the 30 yard line prior to kick.

- Receiving Team line players must have one foot on the 40 yard line prior to kick.

- BOTH teams MUST wait for ball to be kicked before moving off their lines.

- Unlimited motion is permitted before the snap.

SCORING: TOUCHDOWNS, CONVERSIONS, CELEBRATIONS

-Touchdowns are worth 7 points. NO PATS.

- Field Goals are worth 3 Points.

Conversions

- Ball placed on the 5 yard line.

- Successful conversions are worth 3 points.

- TD Celebrations are permitted. Excessive Celebrations are not. What constitutes Excessive celebrations: Anything like the opening of BASEket Ball.

-After the play celebrations are permitted provided the player does not travel excessive yardage to celebrate after a play.

Basically if you travel 25-20 yards to celebrate a stoping a player on a 5 yard gain on first and 15 - that's not gonna fly. But celebrating a crucial 3rd stop to all but seal the game, that will be okay.

That's what I got so far. These aren't set in stone, and can and will be switched accordingly as I see fit. But what are your thoughts of PFR Football? Like it or not? Why? Too much like other football or too different? Why.

Thanks.

My only point of criticism right now is the 3-period structure of the game. Unless you intend to either [a] play all games indoors, have all offensive plays in one direction like that college game last year at Wrigley Field, or [c] stop halfway through the 3rd period to switch ends à la the NHL Winter Classic, that would mean one team gets wind advantage for two-thirds of the game.

CCSLC signature.png

My only point of criticism right now is the 3-period structure of the game. Unless you intend to either [a] play all games indoors, have all offensive plays in one direction like that college game last year at Wrigley Field, or [c] stop halfway through the 3rd period to switch ends à la the NHL Winter Classic, that would mean one team gets wind advantage for two-thirds of the game.

That's right. I was looking for something different than the 4-QTR structure. may go with two 30/40-minute halves instead of the 3-period structure or maybe make it 4, 20minute periods. It's not the traditional 60minute game, but hey soccer has 90 minute game, NBA plays 48minutes. Thanks :)

In addition I added a couple additional rules:

-No Touchbacks allowed unless it goes out of the endzone. A player in the endzone regardless of how deep MUST receive the ball and attempt to run it out of the endzone. If he is not successful the Defense is awarded one point, but his team keeps the ball and starts at the 10 yard line. If a returner lets the ball roll out of the endzone with out attempting a return the defense is awarded one point and the current offense (REturn team) starts from the 5 yard line. If the kicking team boots the ball out of the endzone preventing the receiving team a potential return, the receiving team takes the ball at their own 30 yard line.

and

- If a QB throws a forward pass and the ball is deflected and returns to the QB he may throw a forward pass again provided he is still behind and has not crossed the line of scrimmage earlier in the play. The second pass attempt is the final forward pass attempt.

Nevermind, I realized now after re-reading this is just a fictional thing for a TV pilot. I thought it was a proposal for a real new sport.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I like the idea of making gridiron more fluid by outlawing the huddle. Play would be continuous, possibly even to the point of not having the offense/ defense split. Players stay on the field throughout. (might make kicking more fun to!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

It is a pleasure that Criminal Minds DVD has been for six seasons a great TV show. Criminal Minds has been renewed for a seventh season and It is highly recommended for fans. It grows and evolves, and this season is unusual. The Mentalist DVD As you continue to take the chip TV, the second sub-plots will continue through this season plot, focusing on the protagonists and their safety and the personal involvement of some of the characters Grey's Anatomy DVD created an important role to play in this season. His sixth season, Criminal Minds is still an excellent procedure for the police unit of the FBI?s behavioral analysis. The exhibition offers a week of high drama that the authors follow a different set of murderers and kidnappers. Family Guy DVD It forces the show is its brilliant cast, with Thomas Gibson as Aaron Hotchner team leader. The highlight of the season may have been a number of episodes of a man of the past are Emily Prentiss. The charm, evil arms dealer Ian Doyle, once the target of an undercover Breaking Bad DVD Interpol Prentiss persecuted during three episodes in the process threaten the rest of the team.

Buy Cheap DVD

• 1 month later...

Nevermind, I realized now after re-reading this is just a fictional thing for a TV pilot. I thought it was a proposal for a real new sport.

Well yes it started as a concept sport for a fictional TV series, however I posted it to see how it would transfer to actual play. So I guess you consider it a potential proposal for a possible new sport. What are your thoughts. What don't you like about it? If you have any ideas on how to improve it let me know what you think. I can rejection - I'm an actor :D

Archived