Is your market overextended?

Viper

Philly's not on this list either, despite the fact that the Phillies' best ever attendance is in the 66, 67000 range and now they're struggling to get 45000 a game. The city simply cannot support four sports teams adequately.

I know the Vet was a scumhole of a stadium filled with scumhole fans and while the security at the Vet was nonexistent seeing as the official seating capacity for baseball at the Vet was 62,382, there is no way on earth the Phillies ever crammed another 5,000 people in that stinkhole as you are lying, I mean claiming. Even in their best years when they had Carlton and Schmidt and would always choke against the Dodgers or whoever won the NL West in the playoffs the upper deck at the Vet was a vast expanse of empty seats. Which is a long way of saying that you are a liar.

And in Citizens Bank Park the reason

they're struggling to get 45000 (learn proper punctuation) a game
is because the stadium doesn't hold 45,000, therefore it would be impossible for them to get 45,000 people in the damn place. Capacity for Citizens Bank Park is 43,000, 2,000 less then your lie I mean claim.

Have you EVER been honest about ANYTHING?

Thing is, it really doesn't take more then a minute to find out the actual facts and truth about the Phillies attendance, but instead of taking that time you come in here and vomit and puke out lies and toss them off as outright facts. But this isn't a matter of 'it's an opinion, so it can't be a lie' type of thing.

Just as a matter of clarification, Selig mentioned contracting the Twins because their owner asked him to. Wasn't pulled out thin air.

But I'm with you. The Jazz are safe, this list is nonsense.

Yea, I knew there was some detail in the Twins' possible contraction that I missed. I just remember being surprised at hearing that the Twins, not the Devil Rays, were being considered for contraction.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Philly's not on this list either, despite the fact that the Phillies' best ever attendance is in the 66, 67000 range and now they're struggling to get 45000 a game. The city simply cannot support four sports teams adequately.

I know the Vet was a scumhole of a stadium filled with scumhole fans and while the security at the Vet was nonexistent seeing as the official seating capacity for baseball at the Vet was 62,382, there is no way on earth the Phillies ever crammed another 5,000 people in that stinkhole as you are lying, I mean claiming. Even in their best years when they had Carlton and Schmidt and would always choke against the Dodgers or whoever won the NL West in the playoffs the upper deck at the Vet was a vast expanse of empty seats. Which is a long way of saying that you are a liar.

And in Citizens Bank Park the reason

they're struggling to get 45000 (learn proper punctuation) a game
is because the stadium doesn't hold 45,000, therefore it would be impossible for them to get 45,000 people in the damn place. Capacity for Citizens Bank Park is 43,000, 2,000 less then your lie I mean claim.

Have you EVER been honest about ANYTHING?

Thing is, it really doesn't take more then a minute to find out the actual facts and truth about the Phillies attendance, but instead of taking that time you come in here and vomit and puke out lies and toss them off as outright facts. But this isn't a matter of 'it's an opinion, so it can't be a lie' type of thing.

Just a correction, the Phillies had 45,894 last night. Lots of SROs.

As usual DuckFats, you proved your point very eloquently though, and I commend you for that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The thing these lists don't consider is that MLB has no cities that could take a relocated team now, NFL only has LA, NHL/NBA maybe a few more each. I don't see them folding teams either except as a last resort, especially in MiLB, where if they folded 2 teams 12 minor league affiliates would go down with them.

However, the worrisome part of my mind realizes that ownership is what keeps teams where they are. When you're a fan of the Rams, Blues, and Memphis Grizzlies, relocation never quite leaves the back of my mind.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

abundance of snarky footnotes

Hey, hey, hey, no Grantlanding.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I didn't have any footnotes in my post....

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I didn't have any footnotes in my post....

Sorry, I'm an idiot.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh no worries! It doesn't make you an idiot. Happens often :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived