Best Buzzer Beaters!

the_cynic

That's the most bizarre 14 seconds of basketball I've ever seen.

Nets up by two, Kidd misses two free throws.

Pistons bring it down, Billups gets free for a layup, Jefferson comes out of nowhere to block it.

Pistons foul Martin with 2.9 left, he misses the first then makes the second.

Billups gets the inbound pass, steps over half-court, and lofts a three, which banks off the glass and in.

Well, if that was the most bizzare 14 seconds you've seen in basketball, then I suppose that Derek Fisher's Extremely-Lucky-One-Up-Game-Winner was the craziest .4 seconds I've ever seen in basketball... THAT was wacky :wacko:

Not to discount the Duncan/Fisher shot-fest from last night, but that was pure insanity. And it won't quit, they're about to start the third overtime period.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Onward Christian Laetner, Duke vs. UK, NCAA East Regional (remember when they were directional?) Final, the Spectrum, Philly, 1992. 'Nuff said.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

If the Lakers go on and win the NBA Championship this may go down as the ebst ever in the NBA.

Best what?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

The best I have EVER seen was during a womens NCAA game. It was awesome/hilarious. The team is down by 2 with almost no time left on the clock. A girl gets it in her own end from under her hoop and tosses one up. Like one second is left on the clock. It's flying through the air...glistening...flying...then BAM it hits the court just outside the 3 point line. I laughed brutally hard because this girl tried so hard to make it all the way to the basket. Then out of nowhere one the bounce, it is a straight-up swoosh. The team frigging wins it! It was awesome because the girls weak weak brutal shot won the game. And that my friends was the BEST. -Story Over-

buzzer beater, I'd imagine.

If Derek Fisher doesn't make that shot, Spurs have a very good chance of winning that series.

However, I don't think this was even close to one of the best. Duncan's shot wouldn't be in that category either. It doesn't take nerves to blindly through a shot up without even seeing the hoop and having it go in.

Also, I don't count Jordan's against the Jazz because he pushed off, and then proceeded to travel before hitting that shot.

IUe6Hvh.png

I thought that Jordan's shot on the Jazz wasn't a buzzer beater, it just happened to be the game winning shot scored with like 10 seconds left.

IMO, any buzzer beater from at least half-court are the only worthy ones, extra worthy is it's a game-winning or game-tying shot. Ones made from like 15-30 feet out are not that grand, they're made all the time.

--Roger "Time?" Clmente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived