Does the NFL need a new logo?

BrandMooreArt

I think the NFL should ditch the EQUIPMENT triangle around the logo (it really sticks out on non-white colors. Maybe we'll see that sooner rather than later with RBK going down). Maybe even go a little MLB by letting the team colors be the logo on the collar?

PS and ditch the captains C.

KISSwall09.jpg

I think the NFL should ditch the EQUIPMENT triangle around the logo (it really sticks out on non-white colors. Maybe we'll see that sooner rather than later with RBK going down). Maybe even go a little MLB by letting the team colors be the logo on the collar?

I have always thought the MLB's recoloring of it's logo was great and that the NBA, NHL, and NFL should also let teams put the league logo in team colors.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

I feel like a reworked NFL logo would end up as some über-modern, web 2.0 lookin' thing.

It's probably a good idea to avoid that, no?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Personally, I don't like the recolored Batterman logos. I much prefer the NFL's approach, preserving the integrity of the logo.

Agree completely about ditching the ugly, silly and often-inaccurate "NFL EQUIPMENT" tag.

I agree 100% about the recolored MLB logos...totally unnecessary and dilutes the brand IMO. There is no reason why the logo should be recolored.

While I think that the MLB logo trumps the NFL logo because how beautifully simple it is, I do like the NFL logo overall. Like you said, its not perfect but its close. To suggest that it should be completely overhauled is ridiculous.

I agree with everything above; especially the bolded. It works for hockey, but football rarely needs any recognition as to who the "captains" are.

NFL logo's brand identity is way to strong for it to be changed. Its transcended iconic status at this point. I like the fact that they have reduced the number of stars in the shield. It makes it look more "efficient". Just my 2 cents.

NFL logo's brand identity is way to strong for it to be changed. Its transcended iconic status at this point. I like the fact that they have reduced the number of stars in the shield. It makes it look more "efficient". Just my 2 cents.

also reflects the number of divisions in the league. the design is not just beautiful and simple but meaningful as well

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I have always thought the MLB's recoloring of it's logo was great and that the NBA, NHL, and NFL should also let teams put the league logo in team colors.

Didn't the NHL do that circa late 90s/early 2000s when it was on the jersey's back and at the base of it?

Archived