Summerside Butchers Shop

josh_cat_eyes

So, I just started working at a place called Summerside Butchers Shop and they have a terrible logo:

logo.jpg

So I decided to make them a new one:

ButchersShop.png

I like it but it doesn't feel right and I need some help. Any ideas? C&C is welcome.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

For one, it's missing an apostrophe.

As for the actual concept itself, it's just kind of bland. It looks more like the sign out front, rather than the actual logo for the company. I don't see ay relevance to the leaves next to "Summerside" and a butcher shop. In the current logo, is the cartoon guy a depiction of the owner, or just some random clip art? If it's actually supposed to be someone, why not roll with it and try to simplify it? Maybe just make the head part of the logo and work the text in a little better.

On a quick google search, I noticed these:

MadButcher_logo.gif

ny_butcher_logo_p01y.jpg

The type is working with the butcher image, rather than just sitting beside him.

I agree with what Shum. It just looks way too bland at the moment and the choice of fonts is a little odd. Somewhat insignificant but it looks like the negative space inside the "R" in "SUMMERSIDE" and "O" in "SHOP" are colored a different hue than the rest of the background.

Which font did you use for the "Summerside"? Is that the Toronto Subway Regular?

I also promise to avoid any cheap/easy references to "Bud the Spud" or "Lester the Lobster", in respect of your new gig on PEI.

Anne of Green Gables is fair game though...

I can haz sig?

Why use a random piece of clipart? Take the opportunity to get creative if you are going to redesign the logo and find a way to say "butcher shop" if you only had to use "Summerside" and nothing else.

The obvious is to create a meat cleaver logo and work that in somehow. Apron, cutting board, cut of meat, display case, lots of things to go off here.

Yeah I just did it on my own cause personally I think the current logo is cheesy and terrible, Its more of a cartoon than a logo. It sucks though because the owner really likes his "meat guy" so I don't think he is going to use anything unless its with that guy. So if there is anyone here who can help me out, that would be awesome.

Also the fonts are Futura Medium and Freshman.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Here's the problem with it. It doesn't say "Butcher's Shop" it visually says, "Flower Shop". The leaves give the viewer the wrong feel. If you were to put a cleaver knife on the left and a t-bone steak or a side of ham on the right, you'd have an old-time New England sign feel to it and get your message across visually a lot better. It's subtle little things that make a good design.

Archived