Steelers Throwback Uniform in 2011?

Edge

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do, TheClevelandHockey. It just hasn't been worn on the field since the 2008 season.

They couldn't wear their current thowbacks against the Steelers' throwbacks because both are dark jerseys. The Browns would have to get a white thowback instead, which would probably make more sense for them anyway considering they mostly have worn white at home.

Yeah, the old single striped helmet with the numbers on the side right? I really like those.

I do agree that a white throwback would look better; can NFL teams not have 2 alts? Kinda awkward because that would be a kickass look on the field.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

The only time the NFL allowed teams to have 2 alt's was during the AFL Anniversary season. Im pushing for the Browns to adopt the alternate/throwback I created for them. The all-white look with the original white helmet would look amazing once or twice a season.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

The only time the NFL allowed teams to have 2 alt's was during the AFL Anniversary season. Im pushing for the Browns to adopt the alternate/throwback I created for them. The all-white look with the original white helmet would look amazing once or twice a season.

White helmet?

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Getting back to the Steelers. I wonder if Nike will try to propose an all-black look for them in 2012. Lord I hope not.

If anything, I think they go yellow. I remember hearing during a Steelers' broadcast a few years ago that the Steelers wanted to have a yellow alternate for when home teams forced them to wear their black jerseys in warm weather. However, they were told that they could only wear alternates at home (at that time, at least). I know the Bills (and possibly Panthers) have worn alternates in Tampa Bay over the last decade, so that rule might be gone now.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Getting back to the Steelers. I wonder if Nike will try to propose an all-black look for them in 2012. Lord I hope not.

If anything, I think they go yellow. I remember hearing during a Steelers' broadcast a few years ago that the Steelers wanted to have a yellow alternate for when home teams forced them to wear their black jerseys in warm weather. However, they were told that they could only wear alternates at home (at that time, at least). I know the Bills (and possibly Panthers) have worn alternates in Tampa Bay over the last decade, so that rule might be gone now.

If they do go yellow, they'd better throw in a pair of black pants. Monochrome yellow would be an eyesore.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Back in the late 80s, the steelers tried out a gold alternate jersey during the preseason. They wore them at home, and I recall the backlash was significant. They looked like high school jerseys, and they were never seen after that.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Back in the late 80s, the steelers tried out a gold alternate jersey during the preseason. They wore them at home, and I recall the backlash was significant. They looked like high school jerseys, and they were never seen after that.

Did the gold jerseys look similar to these training camp/practice jerseys (minus the number font)?

2783999685_a69ef14cbb_m.jpg

Are you sure about that? NFL didn't allow alternate jerseys until 2002.

White helmet?

PZsbX.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

White helmet?

PZsbX.jpg

Why does EVERY THREAD have to be about Cleveland??? STOP IT.

6uXNWAo.png

Good Job spending a whole extra 3 4 5 posts on the matter. Really, stellar.

Oh, and I'd say that yellow alts would look like Laffy Taffy with the Steelers' gold, so please don't do that.

Or do, because in all honesty I wouldn't mind laughing.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Archived