Platypus logo concept

neo_prankster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The straight fast-swimming look you're trying to capture is good, but I think you would get more out of putting the platypus mid-turn ... kinda like on the Australia 20-cent piece:

Platypus_20cent.jpg

It gives you a nice bit of space to add your city name and any other graphic you want to use where the "20" sits on the coin, but also has a lot more definition than the straight version you've been using.

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Much better! I can really see the potential in this newest sketch. The speed lines / shading needs some work, and the tail needs a little more separation from the body, but I think you're on the right track.

This probably wouldn't work on a football helmet, though, just because of the shape of and space on a helmet. Helmet logos are generally longer than they are tall or square at worst. It would look great on t-shirts and other merchandise, though, and if you keep it simple enough, it'll look great on a ball cap.

As for colors, I would suggest black (the only color the Ducks and Beavers agree on) with either orange and green or orange and yellow (one from each college). I think that black, orange, and green could look really nice and it's a unique color scheme.

Much better! I can really see the potential in this newest sketch. The speed lines / shading needs some work, and the tail needs a little more separation from the body, but I think you're on the right track.

This probably wouldn't work on a football helmet, though, just because of the shape of and space on a helmet. Helmet logos are generally longer than they are tall or square at worst. It would look great on t-shirts and other merchandise, though, and if you keep it simple enough, it'll look great on a ball cap.

As for colors, I would suggest black (the only color the Ducks and Beavers agree on) with either orange and green or orange and yellow (one from each college). I think that black, orange, and green could look really nice and it's a unique color scheme.

What would you suggest I do to translate this onto a football helmet? Head profile?

I would still use teal and orange, just not in the same way as Perry. Alter where goes where. Don't think of it as "re-creating" it, think of it as "paying Homage".

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived