Possible Akron Aeros Rebrand

bjf1377

All the names having to do with Akrons tire instudry and being the rubber capital of the world, just make it simple and call them the Akron Rubberz.. In all seriousness though, Rubberducks is the best of the bunch.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

I was reading about this a few weeks ago. Akron Aeros is a nice name, they just need to update the colors (a variation of red, and bolder purple, lighter yellow). The logo and wordmark need some serious help.

But come on... GumDippers? RubberDucks? Tire Jacks? I see what they are trying to do here, but come one... I'm sure there are a few other tire/rubber references that sound a little better for a professional sports team. Vulcan's isn't bad, but it seems to be trying to hard.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

If they get Plan B to hop on board, they could make great identities out of RubberDucks or Vulcans. I'd LOVE to see what they'd come up with for either one.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Why am I hearing no love for Akron Rubber Ducks, Akron Tire Jacks and Akron Gum Dippers? It'll be way easier to laugh at them when they come to Maine to face the Portland Sea Dogs.

In all seriousness, they need to keep the Aeros name, but they need a logo upgrade.

spacer.png

I'm a bit torn, as the alien cat thing they currently use amuses me. That said, if they do change the name, they should go to Rubber Ducks.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

WHAT?! No "Akron Indians"?

Anyway, I say keep the Aeros name. But it would've been nice to see them named after their parent club.

We already have the Kingston Indians, and to be honest that's a tacky trend. Minor League clubs should be allowed to have their own identities.

I agree, Akron Indians would be pretty dumb. Keep it the Aeros just redesign everything. I lived in Akron for about 4 years, only went to a few games but I've never heard any negativity towards the name or logos. I mean it's minor league baseball, so I don't expect much. Also in a league with the Erie Seawolves any log will look good. Maybe they are looking to increase revenue or attendance, but really it's difficult because the Zips have pretty much taken control the 330 market. I understand different sports, different seasons, but it's tough for people to get excited for minor league baseball when you have National and Conference Championships being won right across the street on a regular basis.

Don't think my fellow Kent Staters would agree.

70389454.png

Archived