MetLife Stadium

Cujo

While I know it's the New York Giants and New York Jets and the MetLife HQ is in New York, the stadium itself is still in New Jersey. So while I understand using the skyline in the logo, I'm not sure if I really think it should be used for the logo. I get that it's technically it's a New York stadium, it's not in New York. I'm not trying to start up that NY/NJ argument again, I just don't think it's the right fit.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I know it's the New York Giants and New York Jets and the MetLife HQ is in New York, the stadium itself is still in New Jersey. So while I understand using the skyline in the logo, I'm not sure if I really think it should be used for the logo. I get that it's technically it's a New York stadium, it's not in New York. I'm not trying to start up that NY/NJ argument again, I just don't think it's the right fit.

Here we go again :P

In all seriousness, though, even though it's in New Jersey, that part of the NJ Turnpike over by the Meadowlands gives you a really clear view of the NYC skyline, so it still fits

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I'm from Rutherford, NJ. I can see the stadium and the New York City skyline from my bedroom window. It fits perfectly.

I personally consider myself a New Yorker. I have worked in New York City almost all my life, but have always resided just over the Hudson.

Well then I've been overruled. :lol: You guys would obviously know more than I would. I mean, I've visited NYC and Jersey more than my fair share of times (family in Jackson, NJ and New Rochelle, NY), but never done too much around the Meadowlands.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Isn't that the New York Life building - the second building from the end on the right? Interesting that they would put a competitors building on their logo. I guess keeping such a prominent fixture in the skyline out would look pretty douchey on their part.

Isn't that the New York Life building - the second building from the end on the right? Interesting that they would put a competitors building on their logo. I guess keeping such a prominent fixture in the skyline out would look pretty douchey on their part.

No, that's the MetLife Tower. They're both on Madison Square Park, but the New York Life Building doesn't have a clock.

MetLife Tower:

HILFIGER-articleInline.jpg

New York Life Building:

NewYorkLifeBuilding-002a.jpg

That's the gimmick - the skyline is bookended by the two famous buildings in Manhattan which bear the company's name. MetLife Tower on the right side of the skyline, MetLife Building (which natives still call the Pan Am Building) on the left.

MetLife-Stadium-Logo.jpg

Walter_Gropius_photo_MetLife_Building_fassade_New_York_USA_2005-10-03.jpgMetropolitan+Life+Insurance+Company+Tower+36.JPG

Add MetLife Stadium across the bottom for the hat trick. Very clever.

I was getting used to calling it the NEW Meadowlands. Even though it was already mentioned that they were going to sell the naming rights, a little part of me thought that they might go the whole year with the non-corporate name. What was I thinking? *headslap* I guess it was fun while it lasted.

I was getting used to calling it the NEW Meadowlands. Even though it was already mentioned that they were going to sell the naming rights, a little part of me thought that they might go the whole year with the non-corporate name. What was I thinking? *headslap* I guess it was fun while it lasted.

..it did go a whole year with the non-corporate name

Archived