101st Toronto Jays Concept

jnltoronto

Hello, I am a long time Browser of this wonderful site, and have finally took the plunge and registered!

When I saw in the forums the Jays "may" change logos or color scheme, I like many have instantly said Blue!, and no more Black! and For the love of God no Red. Then I saw in the Toronto Star paper I Instantly Roughed up a concept in Photoshop to send In. I know they claimed the Blue Jays wanted to Canada-ize it but how much Red can be put in before it looks too like the Red Jays? I have yet to see more than a few great concepts in their gallery, and they have not posted mine...

So i figure Id let yall Comment and Critique it =]

vr3954.jpg

I would love to hear all your suggestions, Even though Bautista is a great player I would eventually like to put my design on a better template (any suggestions) and look more clean.

Revision 1: Post 5

I think your logo is very innovative and I love the nod to the old style of font they used to use. Some thoughts:

• You seem to have changed them from "Toronto Blue Jays" to "Toronto Jays" as evidenced by the "TJ". I'd keep Blue Jays as the name...this does not preclude your "Jays" logo, but would preclude the "TJ".
  • I like the main cap logo, but rather than a "J", I'd like to see a "T". Generally the city letter is better (in my opinion) and because "Blue Jays" is a two-word term, it solves the problem of whether to use a "B" or a "J" (and obviously you cannot use "BJ")
  • I am biased against "realistic" logos (I prefer 1991 Orioles to today's for example), but this blue jay rendering is great and I like it with the leaf background. Most concepts are bird heads...I like the full body.
  • With the logo/cap scheme you have (prefered "T" to "TJ" and "J", as I mentioned), you have a great start, but the jerseys need some work...they look like hockey jerseys...I think your wordmarks with the two-tone font could serve great on the jersey with more tradtional "Toronto" (road) and "Blue Jays" home jerseys. Then a logo for the alt, but not covering the entire chest...just the left chest (like the Tigers).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like the idea as well. However, I think that the logo needs some simplifying. There's just too much detail for it to work as a hat patch. The font looks a little cartoonish to me, but it's not horrible. Definitely unique compared with most other MLB teams.

gYH2mW9.png

Thanks for the Suggestions, originally i had the alternate as "TB" and before i put it up here i realize omg no, I will get lots of TB stands for Tampa Bay comments, then I changed to TBJ and it didnt look right, lul.

I knew a full body would work better, I actually drew over the wings The Original Jay Picture, was way to intricate, I plan to draw in over the rest of the body and tail to make it more of a 4 color template (white, blue, black, light blue) it is currently like 20 shades of colors haha...

I think the bird would look better if you made those rounded black feathers into fewer, more artistic triangular shapes. Otherwise I very much like these!

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Archived