UGA Pro Combat

BlazerBlaze

UGA Pro Combat

Well I guess Nike couldn't stand letting the actual school reveal their uniform so they leaked it on their site this morning. There is nothing about these that say UGA except for the G on the helmet. Absolutly hidious. The mile wide stripe is just plain ugly, paired with there's no other striping on them. And whats going on with that undershirt? I know bulldogs aren't know as beautiful creatures, but dont make them look deformed!

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGA Pro Combat

Well I guess Nike couldn't stand letting the actual school reveal their uniform so they leaked it on their site this morning. There is nothing about these that say UGA except for the G on the helmet. Absolutly hidious. The mile wide stripe is just plain ugly, paired with there's no other striping on them. And whats going on with that undershirt? I know bulldogs aren't know as beautiful creatures, but dont make them look deformed!

To be honest it is just one game. Live and Let Live. The school signed off on it. It is not like you have to watch the game if you don't want to. Which I must admit will probably look like a bunch of high school teams going at it, but then again we haven't seen the monstrosity that will be the Boise State uni.

The helmet is awful, the stripe is simply way too big. The jersey looks good. I like the contrast color sleeves and number font. The jersey would go better with black pants, as well as a black or red helmet. A black helmet would look better with my hypothetical uniform if done right. My hypothetical look may eschew UGA tradition, but that is usually what pro combat uniforms do and it is just a one game thing. I would never advocate for UGA to go to this look full time.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

304359_236031836432104_161215620580393_590737_180528_n.jpg

Eh the helmet is so so in real life. I just dont like that jersey. Kinda feel shafted. And I get that its a one game thing but we've done that before against Florida in 09 with the black pants and lids. HCMR said after the game UGA wouldn't be playing around with jerseys anymore. And then they anouce we're doing pro-combat which has been known for some very team specific and incredibly unique uniforms like The U's and FSU and TCU. And they roll out a standard template. ASU and WSU new unis are more exciting than this. If you took the G off the collar you wouldn't know if these we're UGA's or Valdosta State's.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I actually think it's halfway decent, and I really don't like most ultra-modern uniforms (such as all black unis, or matte helmets, or piping galore). I hate the collar, and I don't like the facemask stripe, but other than that it's pretty cool looking, IMO.

And once again, Nike leaves off shoulder or sleeve numbers. Someone said it in the other thread, maybe the Fresno thread...the lack of numbers is an awful trend.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

304359_236031836432104_161215620580393_590737_180528_n.jpg

Eh the helmet is so so in real life. I just dont like that jersey. Kinda feel shafted. And I get that its a one game thing but we've done that before against Florida in 09 with the black pants and lids. HCMR said after the game UGA wouldn't be playing around with jerseys anymore. And then they anouce we're doing pro-combat which has been known for some very team specific and incredibly unique uniforms like The U's and FSU and TCU. And they roll out a standard template. ASU and WSU new unis are more exciting than this. If you took the G off the collar you wouldn't know if these we're UGA's or Valdosta State's.

You sum up my feelings exactly. I'm not a fan of the monochrome look, but the fact that these seem so half-assed is what gets me. They could have gone in so many directions, yet they chose to just throw out a bland top and bland pants. As you said, some other schools look absolutely incredible, yet we're left with a colored in template.

It makes me wonder if Georgia wouldn't sign off on the design came up with, so the just gave them a relatively generic uniform.

I'm getting that feeling too. Like there were suppose to be silver spikes or something on the sides and down the pants or something.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

this isn't too bad. The jersey is pretty good (they should have put a spiked dawgcollar on the collor). The helmet strip is 3" too wide :shocked: , but it's ok. The pants could use some kind of striping.

I think these pro combat unis make more sense when some significance is put into them, like the WVU coalminer ones. But hey, these schools need to sell merchandise, they all can't have a Ponzi scheme jock sniffing sugar daddy...

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

This is a clusterfu%$

I'm actually amazed that Georgia agreed on this uniform. The helmet is absolutely terrible.

I want this appealed! If the helmet was silver without that disgusting double stripe facemask, it would look awesome. And the jersey and pants are so generic. It's like Nike isn't even trying...

Agency font again. Great. Got some leftover stock from the Winter Olympics or something, Nike?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"The Georgia Bulldogs are ready to jump all over the 2011 season in their new Nike Pro Combat uniforms. The red and black represents their ruthless style of play, and the silver is a nod to their last national championship season." --Nike

Hmmm???

Red and Black actually represents our school colors, and Silver has nothing to do with 1980.

Ok, we've officialy been shafted. Look closer, the shield behind the G is Black. All the other ones have been silver.... This is either another TCU deal from last year and their Rose Bowl jerseys where the school didn't approve so Nike gave them a bland jersey OR Coach is messing with us again and isn't showing anybody the real ones till we walk on the field for the game.....I pray its the 2nd but my gut says #1.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

It's on the Nike sit. It's the uniform Nike designed for us, but I'm hoping to god we just wear the regular uniforms and still do red vs. blue.

Seriously, I was super super excited for these. It blows my mind how inept Nike appears to have become, and it's even more mind boggling that CMR actually signed off on the "design"

It speaks nothing to UGA football. They could have really done something cool with the incorporation of tradition...but this is the laziest thing I've ever seen.

No tv numbers even? no pants design? no silver in the jersey or pants? the helmet looks like an april fools joke. I'm so depressed by this...I might have to listen to the game on the radio...

We've officially received the worst nike pro combat uniform yet, which says a lot.

It appears as though that strange collar is the new flywire for the speed machine template. Both look awful and the only reason they are included is to showcase Nike's technology.

Things like that need to be hidden...they aren't aesthetically pleasing design elements. The fact Nike colors it, to highlight it, baffles me.

Really...if the collar was red, it would be fine, but why highlight it if it's a mechanism and not a design element??? How many idiots are working for Nike these days??

no tv numbers...no silver...no relevant design...it's awful.

Archived