UGA Pro Combat

BlazerBlaze

I was sitting in an endzone 4 rows from the field at the dome tonight which was cool, but I got a good look at the uniforms and I agree with everyone who's been saying UGA's were awful.... it was just too much uninterrupted red, with the only design being a black shoulder coloring. Really boring and the helmet was weird. The black numbers with gray outline made it kinda hard to see the numbers, and the all "georgia" nameplates were :censored:ing stupid. Kind of a disappointment, also I don't think Georgia fans really liked it that much as a whole because I didn't see many people wearing the apparel (besides the glove G t-shirt which is actually cool) and I haven't seen many people wearing the apparel around campus either. UGA fans definitely prefer the classic silver britches, and just like other SEC teams with solid, simple, and good-looking uniforms, like Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and even Tennessee, the fans don't really like it when the uniforms change.

For a UGA pro combat, I'd much rather see a gray jersey or maybe even a black jersey (even with the discontinued blackout jerseys). I think some pro combats are pretty cool, but the way that Nike adapted UGA's brand to their whole modern system just didn't translate well in my eyes and it ended up being a mess.

Boise looked way better tonight (and they played way better too), I especially liked their cleats, the bright orange stood out against all of the white and they looked sharp... the assymmetrical design was annoying but I prefer this look for Boise than some of their other jerseys, such as the orange alternate they had/have or the gray pro combat from last year.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife, who tolerates my uni obsession, made a pretty astute observation: Georgia's Pro Combats would look great if the pants matched the silver on the helmets. As they are...meh.

Georgia's fancy uni record gets worse every time they trot out a new one. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

My wife, who tolerates my uni obsession, made a pretty astute observation: Georgia's Pro Combats would look great if the pants matched the silver on the helmets. As they are...meh.

Georgia's fancy uni record gets worse every time they trot out a new one. :P

...that last point is oh so true. UGA looks awful and plays awful when they tweak their classic uniform set.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Also, use the logo as it's normally colored and for the love of god, put it on the other side of the helmet. It'd be the modern day version of the Michigan Panthers, which you don't see a lot of in football these days.

For those of you youngins in the crowd, the Michigan Panthers' look in the USFL was nothing short of fan-f :censored: ing tastic.

Best helmet designs:

Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams

Minnesota Vikings

San Diego Chargers

Seattle Seahawks (original)

Michigan Panthers

Jacksonville Bulls

Iowa Barnstormers

Birmingham Thunderbolts

Boise State (if they'd put the Bronco head on both :censored: ing sides)

What? No Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers? I love that helmet.

In fairness, I was quite drunk when I posted this, and I forgot about the Breakers. But yeah, they're on the list.

Boom

Boise.png

Ohhhhhh, that's the stuff.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Also, use the logo as it's normally colored and for the love of god, put it on the other side of the helmet. It'd be the modern day version of the Michigan Panthers, which you don't see a lot of in football these days.

For those of you youngins in the crowd, the Michigan Panthers' look in the USFL was nothing short of fan-f :censored: ing tastic.

Best helmet designs:

Minnesota Vikings

San Diego Chargers

Michigan Panthers

Jacksonville Bulls

Iowa Barnstormers

Birmingham Thunderbolts

No Bengals or Eagles?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Maybe add orange and gray variations, since Boise seems to be going with the Oregonesque uniform parts in every color thing.

I didn't see much of this, but from what I did see, Boise looked pretty sharp. I think that going to a white helmet and having more white would make them look more like a legitimate powerful team and less like the trick-play all-blue gimmick team that many people still think of when they think of them. I don't like your helmet concepts though, because they're too evenly split between blue and white. I really like what they had last night, just put it on both sides.

Is gray an official school color for them, or is that just something that Nike introduced for them and they bought? If it's an official color, then it'd make an ideal helmet / pants color with the orange and blue trim. If not, then white would work well enough. Either way, I think that they need to make a statement that they're a "big boy" and lose the all-blue gimmick - at least for a little while. Last night was a step in the right direction.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Gray is Nike's brainchild, and other than on the special ProCombat uniforms, it just looks plain bad. As for the all-blue, BSU doesn't have a choice - the Mountain West banned it.

Forgot about that. Well instead of wearing white pants or white jerseys at home, they should just use this as an opportunity for a redesign. They have some great things to work with if they take inspiration from their pro combats.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Best helmet designs:

Minnesota Vikings

San Diego Chargers

Michigan Panthers - PICTURE

Jacksonville Bulls - PICTURE

Iowa Barnstormers - PICTURE

Birmingham Thunderbolts - PICTURE

I thought some visual images would go a long way. Hope you don't mind.

spacer.png

just tootin my own horn with this

Top10.png

I love it!

I love the large Bronco head design you used there (very Michigan Panther-esque)...but the orange helmet is atrocious IMO. It has to be blue, silver, or white. Orange just doesn't seem to work as well as the other colors. I like it more as an accent color for them as opposed to anything else.

• 2 years later...

Archived