Alaska Lynx Concept

chris85ca

This is a concept for a team I run in a league, named the Alaska Lynx. The leaping lynx needs some tweaks, I'm just not sure what to do, but for now I think this is what I'm going to be going with.

Basically the head and leaping lynx are pretty self explanatory. The wordmark logo incorporates the wilderness of Alaska, and the stars represent the Alaskan state flag.

Lynx-Logo-Sheet.jpg

Bigger versions

Lynx-Head.png

Lynx-leaping.png

Lynx-Wordmark.png

These are the sweaters I'm going with, the design is heavily inspired by someones Washington Capital concept, can't remember who sorry. The front will have the Lynx head as the main crest, and I may add the leaping Lynx to the shoulders.

19-Dalla-Corte.jpg17-Tong.jpg

47-Roseberry-1.jpg58-Walters2.jpg

TOT-VANDERWaltersH.pngFPL-sig.pngTOT-VANDERWaltersA.png

Fantastic primary. It's perfect. The leaping lynx could definitely use some work though. It's not bad in it's own right, but it doesn't seem to fit with the primary. Use elements from the primary, like the white chin and jaw tuft, and the 2 tufts on the ear, instead of just one. The eye should be similar too. Maybe take the stripes from the face, and extend that through the body.

spacer.png

Fantastic primary. It's perfect. The leaping lynx could definitely use some work though. It's not bad in it's own right, but it doesn't seem to fit with the primary. Use elements from the primary, like the white chin and jaw tuft, and the 2 tufts on the ear, instead of just one. The eye should be similar too. Maybe take the stripes from the face, and extend that through the body.

Yea I made the leaping lynx like 4 months ago, and just made the head logo yesterday. I'm going to try and incorporate some of the head logo features into the leaping logo

That head logo looks really familiar. Not saying your plagiarizing, it just looks really familiar.

Anyways, really love the color scheme, its one that is seldom used, but I think it looks great together. On the head, the ears could use some shrinking down, they make the whole thing really vertical. I know lynx ears are kind of like that, but I think you could get away with making them a little smaller. The leaping Lynx could use some work, I think incorporating the primary into it would work well though. I really like the jerseys as well. As long as that primary is your logo, then excellent job on this concept.

As far as I know it's mine :P...the following logo has similarities, in the fact it's a lynx head. Maybe what you're thinking about? This logo was a colaboration between me and another guy that's on my team in the league, he sketched it out, and I cleaned it up quite a bit and put it in Illustrator.

2585.gif

I think you should scrap this disgusting experiment and move the team again. Say, to Boston. ;)

Seriously, as far as it's come since you debuted, two things stick out to me:

• The ears and the fur sticking out from the bottom create this weird shape for my eyes to follow. I feel like you should rein them both in a little bit to make the logo feel more square.
  • I don't know if it's your shading layers or what, but it feels like there are two different shades of light blue on the jerseys: one on the arms and collar, and another on the logo, numbers, and waist.

The guy who drew it out, probably used that for reference. It's similar, but I think different enough? I'm not logo designer and this is just for some fun sim league, I just wanted to get feedback :P

That Quinnipiac logo must be it. Not trying to accuse you of anything, just thought it looked familiar and that's probably what it was ^_^

the leaping lynx needs the lighter blue extended onto the paws, as of now the pointed light kind of stumps it's limbs.

Otherwise this is an awesome concept!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived