Kansas City Chiefs helmet modification

_RH_

Having grown up in Kansas City, I always thought of the Chiefs jerseys as untouchable, classic. Watching the other night in HD made the black elements on the helmet stick out to me. I feel like the uniforms, especially the all-white road set, are so clean other than that black outline.

Current:

ChiefswhiteHelmet-1.jpg

Proposed (on Jones):

ChiefswhiteHelmet.jpg

Thoughts? I guess black for black sake started way before the 90s =)

ive never been a fan of yellow touching white. it just causes some 'visual vibration' and takes away any boldness the mark has.

i think black just works well for the mark, though in my current Chiefs concept ive eliminated black as well but the mark is quite a bit different

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think the black wasn't originally meant to be fashion. I think it was a simple outline.

The problem, though, is that outline isn't part of the Chiefs' colors. So I like the way you redid it. I think it's an improvement. Although I could live with the black outline.

The black was for television. Black outlines tend to sharpen things for the eye (and the camera). The logo also used to be larger on the helmet for television.

Nice try, but outlines usually tend to be darker than the inner color. That way the image doesn't look like a "negative".

This logo was also inspired by the 49ers logo which had a black outline, but they did not have black in their color scheme either (until the 90's).

Go Chiefs!

CLHEL2.png

There's only one way to do it(using the current logo and colors) if the yellow next to white doesn't work and without black.

chefs.png

I like this much better. Eliminate the black outline on the logo (there's really no need for the outline anymore IMO). I would also thicken the red outline around the interlocking "KC" logo.

gYH2mW9.png

There's only one way to do it(using the current logo and colors) if the yellow next to white doesn't work and without black.

chefs.png

Nice, but I'd keep the gold outline around the arrowhead itself. That way you'd have the gold-bordered-by-red of the KC, which echos the stripes on the rest of the uni, and the white-bordered-by-gold of the arrowhead, which echos the jersey numbers. Ties the whole uniform together.

[img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/JGNN/Fantastic%20Johnny/chefs.png]

That looks great. I'd like to see a mockup of that on the helmet.

Archived