My FINAL Rays Stadium

raysox

StadiumLogo.png

I'm done. FINALLY.

If you don't know me, you should know how I have to be perfect in things like this, symmetry wise. So this took longer than what my head

I started over. COMPLETELY. Nothing but the ideas are from the first stadium. It started out with the plaza area along the 3rd base side. I added more and more, and made it the right size. My last stadium, I didn't realize down the line was like, 215. So I made it actual size, for one. I made it actual height. I was told the ballpark in Phoenix is 200 feet high, which helped a lot. Originally, the top of the stadium was flat across. I had the idea to arch it, just for effect. I decided that if I angled the roof, the stadium would have a unique look. In my head, the top of the roof would be the same material as the Trop, just to be quirky. From the top, you can see I made the structured side part align with the seats, rounded. I added this later, but I put an overhead tarp over the seats. They host a lot of mid day games during the summer, and its normally really hot. So why not have coverage for day games that isn't raining. Originally, the first base line upper deck was 35 feet closer to the field. The far back lower bowl seats had a limited view. I moved everything back, and that literally took half my time because it just wouldn't work out.

I made the stadium completely surrounded by glass. When it's raining, it would make sense to be completly inside. The glass would give unique views 360° around the stadium. Some other things, the entire walk around part of the stadium is 25 feet up, and the field is at 0 feet. The places with black boxes on them are simulated restaurants. I added another whole row of seats, its not just lower and upper seats, its a line of box seats on both sides, then a middle deck in right field, which is my favorite part of the stadium. Some things I didn't do was add like entrances to the upper deck, but there really isn't a way you can simulate a section entrance. The basic layout of the outfield is the same, with the party deck, touch tank and bullpen in deep center.

Lastly, I decorated with some ads all over, giving it a final touch. I added 6 video boards. A jumbo tron, which everyone has. Then I put a scoreboard bug in deep center. Then on the right field wall, I put 2 line up cards, and 2 division standings boards. All the ads here sponsor the rays in one thing or another. My personal favorite, is the Bright House ad with the distance marker. I thought that was cool. I added a few quirks like a clock over everything, too.

So enough reading, LOOK.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

Here is where the stadium would be located, with an out of date model of it. The location of the stadium, located in St. Pete, near Gandy Bridge, which would open up the Tampa Market, and shorten the drive by 20 minutes for places in Hillsborough, and North Pinellas. With parking exits connecting to the highways, making an easy exit after Rays wins.

Stadium3.png

I need to send this to someone, just no idea who. I will show my drafting teacher when I go back to school, but thats about it.

Also, Please don't ask me to do a random team's stadium. With this, I became emotionally attached. I haven't done a concept since I started. I'm just glad it's over, and I'm happy about how it looks.

Wow, incredible job man! I can't imagine the time and effort it took to do this, but it certainly made a difference. The improvements/changes you mentioned are all great, and I love the brown texture, which I'm assuming is brick?

Overall, this looks amazing, and it should definitely be considered for the Rays.

Wow, incredible job man! I can't imagine the time and effort it took to do this, but it certainly made a difference. The improvements/changes you mentioned are all great, and I love the brown texture, which I'm assuming is brick?

OH YEAH. After writing 3 paragraphs, I forget things. I didn't like how it was a beige monstrosity. I changed it to brick. To avoid brick overload, like St. Louis, I made the top arch section metal , just to have it appealing to look at.

OMG DO A ONE FOR THE TIGERS!!!1!11!!

Just kidding. Glad you stuck this one out man, it's a damn good looking stadium in the end. I like that you didn't just do a one-and-done kind of thing, and you pushed yourself. Nice work! And really glad you used sketchup ;)

OMG DO A ONE FOR THE TIGERS!!!1!11!!

Just kidding. Glad you stuck this one out man, it's a damn good looking stadium in the end. I like that you didn't just do a one-and-done kind of thing, and you pushed yourself. Nice work! And really glad you used sketchup ;)

2 for the Tigers!!! :P

Anyways, this is great and it was the first time. I hope your satisfied with your work this time.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

For all your hard work, I decided to do something special.

Rays.jpg

EDIT: I'll get to work fixing the location of the flare. Thanks for pointing that out.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Thats awesome. It's weird, google sketchup had the shadows in right place where the stadium would lie. Theoretically, the sun would set behind home plate, so it doesn't face any batters with the outfield glass.

I would love to see those versions, with the flare behind home. I forgot to mention, a football field would fit going into right which would have a unique look with the video board along the sideline.

Nice work. It's come a long way, and its good to see someone put time, effort and care into a concept before posting it here.

I have to say that you inspired me a bit, and I am currently working on a new Kauffman stadium, I'm nearly half way done, and have logged about 5 or so hours into it already (much of the time was trial and error).

ps. Raysox, I love your new signature.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Yeah, this is really, really awesome. I'd have to say this picture is my favorite:

3.png

I love the scoreboards, the ray tank, and the overall realism this shot here implies. Brilliant. I would really like to see more of these if you can ever find the time (maybe one for Oakland?)

One question: What are the field dimensions here?

And your sig is also awesome.

25yzwqg.png

Archived