New York Islanders Third Jersey Unofficially Revealed

nash61

Ladies and gentlemen of the CCSLC, we have a new worst jersey in the NHL. As per Icethetics, this is what the new Islanders third jersey will look like.

0821-nyi2011a.png

We got our first glimpse at the Isles' new third jersey when a prototype design was leaked recently by a former team employee. But I've recently been made aware of some new details and can confirm this is what the final version looks like.
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's a disappointment.

Eager to see what it will look like on the ice though, probably still crap, but I always reserve my opinion for when a uniform hits the ice.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Actually, that's 100 times better than the orange pylon jersey. Is it great? No. Does it need black?. Not really. Is the Islander font generic? Yes. Yet, even though this looks like a college club team uniform or high school uniform, it is still light years ahead of the orange pylon jerseys.

Actually, that's 100 times better than the orange pylon jersey. Is it great? No. Does it need black?. Not really. Is the Islander font generic? Yes. Yet, even though this looks like a college club team uniform or high school uniform, it is still light years ahead of the orange pylon jerseys.

I actually loved those orange jerseys, at least they had some colour balance. This however, is a complete failure. No one is going to buy this piece of :censored:.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

If that's actually what the third looks like, it's easily the worst jersey in the league. It's like they tried to fit every current design trend into the same jersey. Plus there's black AND silver. It will look even worse if they match it up with blue pants/helmets.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Why even have a 3rd if this is the best you can do?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This has been out for at least a couple of weeks now. Some speculate it's close but not exactly what they will wear as their third jersey. I believe this was even discussed in the "mega thread" for 2011-12 jersey changes. Either way it looks like :censored: but that's Wang for you.

Couldn't agree less.

At least that one was in team colors.

Ladies and gentlemen of the CCSLC, we have a new worst jersey in the NHL. As per Icethetics, this is what the new Islanders third jersey will look like.

0821-nyi2011a.png

We got our first glimpse at the Isles' new third jersey when a prototype design was leaked recently by a former team employee. But I've recently been made aware of some new details and can confirm this is what the final version looks like.

:puke:

this will get killed in a hurry. good god why must everything about the organization be complete :censored: from the on ice product to the jersey designs.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Seriously...since when did the Isles have black?

Since whenever this jersey gets officially unveiled.

Sorry, Isles fans, your owner is a moron.

And everybody knows it. I really think that the arena vote would have gone the other way if you could only take him out of the equation.

How tone deaf is this jersey? It's a parody of every bad design choice of the past several years, like somebody put it together with no knowledge of hockey except what they read on a couple blogs. "I hear that fans like retro-ish designs. Add block letters!"

So if this is it, let's see how it compares with the earlier version:

First leak:

0804-nyi-third.png

Second leak:

0821-nyi2011a.png

Seriously...since when did the Isles have black?

Since whenever this jersey gets officially unveiled.

And everybody knows it. I really think that the arena vote would have gone the other way if you could only take him out of the equation.

How tone deaf is this jersey? It's a parody of every bad design choice of the past several years, like somebody put it together with no knowledge of hockey except what they read on a couple blogs. "I hear that fans like retro-ish designs. Add block letters!"

First leak:

0804-nyi-third.png

Second leak:

0821-nyi2011a.png

Grey replaces white. Primary replaces anniversary logo on shoulders. It might still have the white (grey) nameplate, we don't know.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

If the Oklahoma City Thunder was a hockey team, they'd wear this

The Thunder have the good sense to avoid BFBS.

First leak:

0804-nyi-third.png

Second leak:

0821-nyi2011a.png

The first leak, which was horrid, is actually preferable to what we're getting. Good G-d in heaven, this sucks. Worst sweater in the league. By far.

This looks like a Jahgee concept.

All they did was recolour anaheim's jerseys and lazily apply a generic script in the hope people might forget the designer had ZERO inspiration. Didn't work. The only way this could be more cliched is if they put the primary logo on the shoulders... oh wait

Archived