New York Islanders Third Jersey Unofficially Revealed

nash61

So just as the Mets and Knicks start phasing out black from their unis, the Isles decide to pick up the slack? Sheesh.

I'm not a big hockey fan by any means, but that's easily the worst NHL jersey I've ever seen...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks like a Jahgee concept.

All they did was recolour anaheim's jerseys and lazily apply a generic script in the hope people might forget the designer had ZERO inspiration. Didn't work. The only way this could be more cliched is if they put the primary logo on the shoulders... oh wait

I made a better Islanders concept than those douchebags that made this, it's still bad, but it's better than this

NewYorkIslanders.jpg

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

All they did was recolour anaheim's jerseys and lazily apply a generic script in the hope people might forget the designer had ZERO inspiration. Didn't work. The only way this could be more cliched is if they put the primary logo on the shoulders... oh wait

I made a better Islanders concept than those douchebags that made this, it's still bad, but it's better than this

NewYorkIslanders.jpg

that is just as bad if not worse. those have obnoxiously huge numbers.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

in fairness ownership haven't been totally tone deaf. the first time they tried a change it got shot down in within two years and the last time they tried to do a jersey change it got killed in a hurry. both times resulted them going back to either a modernized version of the dynasty era uniforms or back to them all together.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

They should have just went back to this look: ce354311e21a9326817e35e427c02b73.jpg or

\

that would be preferable.

I know a lot of people hated this look, but I actually liked it. It was not the best look ever, but definitely better than the same old, same old.

spacer.png

They should have just went back to this look: ce354311e21a9326817e35e427c02b73.jpg or

\

that would be preferable.

I know a lot of people hated this look, but I actually liked it. It was not the best look ever, but definitely better than the same old, same old.

i loved that look. i own both the home and away starter replicas of those jerseys.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

NewYorkIslanders.jpg

So you rather see random grey and a reused template over huge numbers

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

in fairness ownership haven't been totally tone deaf. the first time they tried a change it got shot down in within two years and the last time they tried to do a jersey change it got killed in a hurry. both times resulted them going back to either a modernized version of the dynasty era uniforms or back to them all together.

Yes, and making the same stupid mistake three times tells us a lot about the problem with ownership.

Finally, they had their jerseys right. Original colours, original style. Nice, clean look. No fisherman or wavy letters and numbers. No odd alternates (logos or jerseys). Too good to be true...

THEN THEY COMPLETELY :censored: IT UP WITH A BLACK JERSEY!

Do they enjoy pissing off their fans? The team and stadium themselves are bad enough, but now they have to watch them in this? Ahhh! If it ain't broke, don't fix it! How about the Leafs add some teal? Or the Habs mix in some copper? I like Grey with the Red Wings, why not?

Because it kills tradition.

(Apologies if that seemed rant-ish).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I seriously hope this is a joke. No offense to Jahgee, but it does look like something he would make in his "Alternates for the Alternateless" thread. :D. However, this is much more out of the box. Black and gray are two colors that I would not associate with the Islanders. Combine that with an over-used template and you have disaster. I mean, gray is not supposed to be on a hockey jersey unless it's a primary team color(My 1995-2001 Penguins jerseys are an exception....Ok, what can I tell you. I love the Robo-pen and their jerseys. Just look at my avatar and signature). This isn't baseball. I know, it is less extreme because gray is only a secondary piping color, but still, it should not be on a hockey jersey unless it is a primary team color. The sad thing is, it could work out. I could think of a few things to make this jersey more reasonable:

1) Get a new template.

2) Use the primary logo as the crest and the anniversary logo as the shoulder patch.

3) Replace the gray with white.

4) Get rid of the blue underarms. Black and blue mix very easily. They should never touch each other.

5) Get a number and NOB. I know that they probably only released the front, but seriously, if the back of the jersey is real, that's laughable.

I really hope they don't release a 2nd version of the primary logo with black replacing blue. It would be worse than the Mets version.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

If this is the jersey, it's easily the worst jersey in the league right now and has to be a top ten worst jersey before it even takes the ice. The question on my mind is, will they pull a carolina and use black helmets and pants with the jersey, and I'm assuming here, black socks? If yes, then at least it'll be a somewhat composed uniform. If not and they wear the regular blue pants and helmets with these, then they'll be one of the biggest uniform disasters in the history of sports.

Am I the only one who liked the Islanders original edge jerseys?

PvO6ZWJ.png

No, you're not. I really liked the original Edge jerseys. I thought they were a good mix of modern and traditional elements. I really like what they're wearing now too, so I wasn't too disappointed when they got rid of the original Edge jerseys.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I wouldn't say I liked them, but they weren't as bad as people make them out to be. I probably would have liked them if they hadn't had the phantom shoulder yoke.

No, you're not. I really liked the original Edge jerseys. I thought they were a good mix of modern and traditional elements. I really like what they're wearing now too, so I wasn't too disappointed when they got rid of the original Edge jerseys.

I liked the original edge jerseys. It wasn't too modern like some of the other Edge jerseys and it made nice use of orange. I didn't shed a tear when they went away, though, because of how nice the jerseys they have now look

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

0821-nyi2011a.png

7qd5hgmhijszjhd2xygvexuhg.gif

<_<

Not only did they completely rip off and paint by numbers what was an original template from the Ducks, they painted over it with :censored: . Silver? Except for the fishsticks era, never been in the Islanders scheme. Black? Not only has it never been in the Isles scheme, it's the same tired and horribly executed idea as their two orange/blue NY brothers.

And the generic script across the front? Looks bad on the Stars, looked really bad on the Thrashers looks worse on the Islanders. Laces on a mostly ultra modern template? Yeah not good. This jersey is horrific. If they add front numbers under the script and keep that contrasting color nameplate, it has a fighting shot for worst jersey in NHL history. It's up there.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

i loved that look. i own both the home and away starter replicas of those jerseys.

As did I. From a strictly design point the Fisherman look was fresh, original and striking. Its a shame it happened during a particular dark time in Islanders history because it would make a great alternate today.

NewYorkIslanders.jpg

So you rather see random grey and a reused template over huge numbers

I don't think anybody on these boards wants either. Both are paint by numbers designs on awkwardly designed templates that have no business in hockey. Both rely on the crutch of pairing a primarily black uniform with team colours and both sport an overused uninspired script logo, For a former dynasty this is not the route to go.

Likely.

Archived