New York Islanders Third Jersey Unofficially Revealed

nash61

Like I said before, if this had been done in a classy and simple manner, rather than take it to this crazy, ridiculous, out of the box level, this could have been semi-decent. I did a really QUICK mock-up in paint of what I would have liked to see(Sorry, I messed of the back collar. It should have been blue, orange, white):

210wned.png

The addition of gray was probably because of the anniversary patch. Take a look at how much gray and silver is in it. pjrc5fe3f50slevqhf83kxhf8.gif

However, the patch isn't on these secondly leaked jerseys, so it doesn't make sense! :wacko:

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said before, if this had been done in a classy and simple manner, rather than take it to this crazy, ridiculous, out of the box level, this could have been semi-decent. I did a really QUICK mock-up in paint of what I would have liked to see(Sorry, I messed of the back collar. It should have been blue, orange, white):

210wned.png

at first glance this looks like an LA kings alternate.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Gross.

They should follow suit with the New Jersey Devils and never have an alternate. Better to be traditional and boring than to be over the top and disgusting. The current home and roads are some of the nicest in the league.

This begs another question: Who the hell is running the show over there? Like it's not just personnel and player moves that are bad, but literally every decision the franchise makes is bad. Uniforms, alternate uniforms, the thing a couple weeks back to show that brawl game at a 'viewing party', giving DiPietro a 15 year freaking contract.

Dysfunctional.

sig.png

These have to be a joke, or at least incomplete. I mean there are no numbers and no NOB.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

210wned.png

Or a black Sharks alt.

That concept looks better than what the Islanders might be going with.

The orange 3rds they had are not going to go down in Islanders history as a classic look, but it was better than this ridiculous looking thing. Their edge jerseys were beauties compared to these. The grey instead of white just makes it even uglier. I have no problem whatsoever when a team goes black just for the heck of it, but it's got to be done right and the Islanders certainly did not do it right.

Whoever is coming up with all these ugly jerseys, whether it's Reebok or somebody else, needs to get fired. And whoever is approving them at the NHL level needs to get fired, too.

210wned.png

Or a black Sharks alt.

The orange 3rds they had are not going to go down in Islanders history as a classic look, but it was better than this ridiculous looking thing. Their edge jerseys were beauties compared to these. The grey instead of white just makes it even uglier. I have no problem whatsoever when a team goes black just for the heck of it, but it's got to be done right and the Islanders certainly did not do it right.

Whoever is coming up with all these ugly jerseys, whether it's Reebok or somebody else, needs to get fired. And whoever is approving them at the NHL level needs to get fired, too.

i don't know why the isles turned away from orange. you're right in saying it wasn't classic, but it wasn't because the jersey was orange. it's because they used that foolish 'w' type side panel and combined it with navy (which, in my opinion, looks terrible on the isles and muddied the orange jersey). what about something like this? did it very quick in paint. why wasn't something like this doable? it's completely rough, so yeah the script is a little smaller than i would like it to be and yes, it would have NOB, i just didn't feel like recoloring player at work, but you get the idea:

islesthirdconcept.png

sig2024.png

210wned.png

Or a black Sharks alt.

i don't know why the isles turned away from orange. you're right in saying it wasn't classic, but it wasn't because the jersey was orange. it's because they used that foolish 'w' type side panel and combined it with navy (which, in my opinion, looks terrible on the isles and muddied the orange jersey). what about something like this? did it very quick in paint. why wasn't something like this doable? it's completely rough, so yeah the script is a little smaller than i would like it to be and yes, it would have NOB, i just didn't feel like recoloring player at work, but you get the idea:

islesthirdconcept.png

Very nice. The only thing I would change would be to put the logo on the front. I detest wordmarks instead of the logo. The Ducks and Capitals get a pass only because it actually is their logo.

At least one or maybe two of the Islanders, Oilers, and Ducks should have an orange alt.

Can someone please answer me this?

Lately, I've seen a rash of "Add silver!" suggestions on concepts here and elsewhere, and it seems that even the more official side of things are getting into the "add silver!" game.

Silver is not neutral. Silver looks like absolute crap when featured alongside gold. Silver turns to grey, except in embroidery and a few particular fabrics and *always* is grey in graphics. If this is silver, not grey, then there's way too much of it. If this is grey...why add it at all? It adds no contrast, it adds nothing to the package.

IMO, white is almost always preferable to silver. Replace the silver/grey with white in this concept / official third and and you get contrast, a bit of originality (white yokes aren't common), and it'd be mostly in team colors.

On a non-silver note, outlined yokes almost always look ridiculous. Like this or this or this or this or this or (ugh) this.

Exceptions here and here.

Basically, unless the two colors NEED the separation of a third, contrasting color, outlining the yoke looks bad. Since elsewhere on the SAME jersey, you have the yoke color touching the field color, it's going to look ridiculous on this Islanders 3rd.

This begs another question: Who the hell is running the show over there? Like it's not just personnel and player moves that are bad, but literally every decision the franchise makes is bad. Uniforms, alternate uniforms, the thing a couple weeks back to show that brawl game at a 'viewing party', giving DiPietro a 15 year freaking contract.

Dysfunctional.

Shanghai-people-biography-Charles-Wang-300x207.jpg

U MAD?!?

I own an Isles Fisherman, a Canucks Flying V, a Lightning Stormfront, and a Thrashers red alt. I wouldn't add this Islanders atrocity to my collection if I got it for free.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wait, they actually managed to make the jersey worse than the first leak by swapping the white with grey? Grey?!?

Good god. OWTGDI (only with... you know the rest)

Grey was in last years draft hat. Looked like crap then, looks like crap now.

Dysfunctional.

Shanghai-people-biography-Charles-Wang-300x207.jpg

U MAD?!?

I own an Isles Fisherman, a Canucks Flying V, a Lightning Stormfront, and a Thrashers red alt. I wouldn't add this Islanders atrocity to my collection if I got it for free.

and i dont blame you

spacer.png

spacer.png

islesthirdconcept.png

NO MORE SCRIPT LOGOS PLEASE.

Besides that, the jersey is nice. Apply the classic logo and you got a great alternate look that actually compliments the set.

So you rather see random grey and a reused template over huge numbers

This comes from a guy who basically used the All Star Game jersey template for his Islanders concept....

And you guys are right. I have no idea why the Islanders organization wouldn't want to bring back the fisherman jerseys, easily the most laughed-at collection of sweaters in the history of the National Hockey League. They should start listening to us instead of marketers who know what style of jersey will sell best....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

And another jersey atrocity from a team that, since the 1980s, has been the NHL's standard bearer for the word "atrocity".

This jersey was much better than that black mess:

islanders_lede.jpg

There's no point whatsoever to throw black into the team's color scheme when an orange alternate would have been perfect.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Archived