Clemson Soccer

Droost

I like the logo, but it's not the first D1 school to have a soccer-specific logo for their teams. SDSU has one and I'm pretty sure others do too.

Link to article discussing the change

If there are other soccer specific logos feel free to post them .....

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take a picture of SDSU's logo when I was at the game this weekend and it doesn't look like their women's team actually has it on their uniforms. I don't know about the men's team.

s7FnK.jpg

This proves to me that San Diego State might have the best dressed athletes in the country.

As for the Clemson logo, I think it looks classy. As someone said before, drop the United and it's fantastic. Maybe playing the stars on top of the crest in purple would look better.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Oh, plenty of teams have (even recently) had sport specific logos...Duke/Arizona/Syracuse basketball, for example.

One that comes straight to mind for me is Tennessee Women's Basketball.

The Lady Vols' logo is for the entire women's athletic department. I think Tennessee is one of the few programs that has 2 sets of athletic colors (orange/black for men, orange/powder blue for women), 2 athletic directors, and essentially 2 separate athletic departments [citation needed].

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

Oh, plenty of teams have (even recently) had sport specific logos...Duke/Arizona/Syracuse basketball, for example.

One that comes straight to mind for me is Tennessee Women's Basketball.

The Lady Vols' logo is for the entire women's athletic department. I think Tennessee is one of the few programs that has 2 sets of athletic colors (orange/black for men, orange/powder blue for women), 2 athletic directors, and essentially 2 separate athletic departments [citation needed].

For now. Following the resignation of Mike Hamilton, the departments will be consolidated which will only leave Texas as being run as two separate businesses. Joan Cronan, who was the Womens' AD is currently running both programs until a new AD is chosen, will operate both programs under one budget.

Will they be going with 1 website from now one?

Since the consolidation started in 2009, that decision is still the university's not mine. It is more cost effective to eliminate positions anything else as they combined compliance, SID, and event management long ago. Two domain names are not that big a deal in terms of cost.

Drop "United" and this would be perfect.

Yeah...the United thing makes no sense.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived