Best/worst looking rivalry trophy

Kevin W.

I think it would be cool if he each NFL division had their own rotating trophy for the division winner. It'd be even better if they all looked different from one another like how the clarence campbell bowl and prince of wales trophies aren't the same in the NHL.

The AFC North, for example, would have "The Paul Brown Trophy".

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be cool if he each NFL division had their own rotating trophy for the division winner. It'd be even better if they all looked different from one another like how the clarence campbell bowl and prince of wales trophies aren't the same in the NHL.

Not sure a Steelers fan would be happy with a Paul Brown Trophy. He only truly represents the Browns and Bengals. Yes, the Ravens are the old Browns, but that team represents Art Modell.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Not sure a Steelers fan would be happy with a Paul Brown Trophy. He only truly represents the Browns and Bengals. Yes, the Ravens are the old Browns, but that team represents Art Modell.

Vince Lombardi, George Halas, Lamar Hunt. All names of trophies often won by teams rivaled by the teams those men coached/founded. The Steelers would get over it. You got anyone better for the AFC North?

PvO6ZWJ.png

No, it's not. The real urn never leaves the museum at Lord's Cricket Ground.

This thread certainly has gone off the rails since I did originally ask about college football only but I really don't mind.

Sorry bout that. I never read the OP, just the thread title.

zzPEfBm.png

Vince Lombardi, George Halas, Lamar Hunt. All names of trophies often won by teams rivaled by the teams those men coached/founded. The Steelers would get over it. You got anyone better for the AFC North?

An old weathered leather helmet would best describe that division.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

No, it's not. The real urn never leaves the museum at Lord's Cricket Ground.

This thread certainly has gone off the rails since I did originally ask about college football only but I really don't mind.

Sorry bout that. I never read the OP, just the thread title.

Nah, it's ok. I shouldn't have tried to restrict the thread so much in the first place since college football isn't the only sport with rivalry trophies anyway.

^ AND since every...single...freegin... "Best/Worst _____________" thread that gets created up in these parts ends up becoming a repeat exercise in the same cynical cycle of rampant homereroticism, anyways. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ask any Packers fan how not happy they were about their team winning the George Halas trophy in Chicago.

Ask any Packers fan how not happy they were about their team winning the George Halas trophy in Chicago.

Right, it doesn't matter. Call it the Brown/Rooney trophy if there's bitching. NBD. Besides - you never know how things will look after future realignments, so it's not even that important to name each trophy after someone affiliated with any team in the division as currently constructed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You can see the Snoopy Trophy in this video at around the 38 second mark. I know I'll be watching this meaningless game now to see if the Giants can win it.

sny.tv

That's worse than that robot turkey Fox used to give out on Thanksgiving.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I'd figure Packer fans would be more than happy to have a trohpy on display at their stadium named in honor of their rival, kind of a slap in the face to the Bears.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Lets get this thread back on the right track.

MN and WI also play for the Slab of Bacon. I like trophys that are not big shiny metal things, ya know what I mean.

2696_2.jpg

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Here is a stupid one:

The Telephone trophy between Missouri and Iowa State

telephone-trophy.jpg

Another weird one is the Great Divide between Montana and Montana State:

220px-DivideTrophy.jpg

The one that I think is the most interesting is the Beehive Boot. Its between BYU, Utah, Utah State and Weber State. Whoever has the best in season record gets it.(Weber State has never won it)

beehiveboot.jpg

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

• 2 months later...

Another weird one is the Great Divide between Montana and Montana State:

220px-DivideTrophy.jpg

The Great Divide Trophy is a fairly new thing - created to start the second century of the Cat-Griz rivalry. This year will be the 111th meeting and feature the #1 team in the nation against #6. I will be there, freezing my butt off and loving every second!

It's a huge trophy (mainly because it's a sculpture of a mountain with a Bobcat on one side and a Grizzly on the other) but we were all ok with just having bragging rights for a year before it came about.

I do have to admit, it looks awesome with a little snow on it and my Bobcats holding it!

img201011231290533428.jpg

Go Cats!

Archived