Sports Degrees of Separation

AndrewPF

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My aunt had Gretzky in one of her high school classes. She wasn't one of his friends or anything, but still.

My dad's friend's friend's sister knows Burke personally. LOL that's a huge stretch, but my dad's friend has met BB in person. Let's reword this: One of Burke's friends has a brother who is friends with a friend of my dad, if that clarifies things. But what would I do tho Burke? "Hey! One of your friends has a sibling who knows a friends of my dad!". LOL.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You guys have such cooler stories (and shorter connections) than I do. I was on a high school football team with a guy who now plays for UCONN and played in the bowl game against Oklahoma, but he's not a big deal I don't think. At least not yet.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I met Mick Foley randomly on campus years ago. I uh...I don't think this counts. I don't know anybody worth a damn.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

- I played against Nick Folligno of the Ottawa Senators.

- I also played against (and went to high school with) a prospect who was, at one point, on the Royals' 40-man roster. I'm sure he played against or with someone famous. :D

- Howie Kendrick tweeted me regarding an illustration I did of him...if you look around here, you'll find it.

- I went to high school with Dan Klecko's cousin/Joe Klecko's nephew.

...if I'm not mistaken, both BucFan and Buc are related to NFL players.

I'm connected to the Cowboys Triplets (Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin), even if it's a bit of a stretch.

I've met Kevin Ellison when he came to visit my chemistry teacher.

Kevin Ellison used to play for the San Diego Chargers.

Norv Turner coached him.

Norv coached the Triplets.

I said it was a bit of a stretch... :P

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

When I was a freshman in high school I had the C lunch period. Brady Quinn, who was a senior at the time worked in the school store. Every day on my way to my next class I'd toss him a quarter and he'd toss me a jolly rancher sucker. Basically, Brady Quinn knew my usual.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just for the college team I worked for, three players have signed NBA contracts. Two of them suited up and played. One is actually a full time starter.

Not counting that, I have a cousin in law who pitched for the Rochester Red Wings but never made it to the majors, and a person from my HS graduation class who is currently in the Padres farm system.

I went to a couple classes with players on the Sudbury Wolves. In grade 9 I had an English class with current Cup champ Adam McQuaid.

Also, Darryl Sittler and a bunch of other long-retired NHLers have cottages near my family's cottage in Orillia.

My cousin's husband graduated with Steve Slaton. He's a friend of the family and still returns home to visit during the offseason.

I also played Little League with former LA Avengers star Kevin Ingram. He also went to my school but graduated a year after me.

My brother was a freshman third string lineman when Marc Bulger was a senior starting quarterback at Central Catholic High School in Pittsburgh. (Dan Marino is also an alum) I only say this so I can talk about my brother's "football injury". He slipped on ice in the parking lot after practice hurting his knee. Never played again. (Never really played that much to begin with.)

Archived