Sports Degrees of Separation

AndrewPF

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My cousin is the all-time leading scorer in Florida high school basketball history (single game, season, and career). He also started in the 2000 Final Four for Florida as a Freshman... then got kicked out of school for gambling, knocked up some girl in Venezuela, and is trying to legalize marijuana in Utah after a trip or two in and out of prison...

Yeah, my (second) cousin's Teddy Dupay :P

6fQjS3M.png

Let's see....

I am friends with a Springville High (UT) football player. After former NFL QB Scott Mitchell retired, he went into coaching in his home state of Utah. Mitchell now coaches Springville High, and was my friend's coach before he graduated. So...I guess that counts? :P

Also, Chad Lewis's brother is the head football coach at my old high school, and his nephew (the coach's son) was a fellow student government officer with me while I was Senior Class President. Chad came to our school a few times, he's a real nice guy. Freakin' huge and intimidating at first, but a real nice guy.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The mother of my best friend from childhood married Ken Bowman, so that connects me to the Glory Years Packers.

My wife met Judith Light through business, who worked with Alyssa Milano, who dated Carl Pavano, who played all over MLB.

It's where I sit.

Oh yeah I forgot, I went to EIU where tony romo played, saw him play a few times. Also Mike Shanahan, Sean Payton and Mike Childress attended.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oh yeah I forgot, I went to EIU where tony romo played, saw him play a few times. Also Mike Shanahan, Sean Payton and Mike Childress attended.

My dad went to U of I but had a bunch of friends at Eastern and visited there all the time. While he was in college, he went on a few double dates with Sean Payton.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

As Shumway mentioned, I do indeed have a first cousin who was a long-time linebacker for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. His name is Derrick Brooks.

I've been out clubbing with, valet-parked a Bentley of, and loaded/unloaded stuff for former boxing great Roy Jones, Jr.

My mother used to babysit former Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith when he was little. Up until recently, his father drove for the hometown city bus transit.

I went to high school with WNBA player and former Tennessee standout Michelle Snow.

(Yeah...we're all Pensacola natives.)

For what it's worth, the guy who scored the winning run in the 2001 World Series for the Arizona Diamondbacks, Jay Bell, is also from the Pensacola area, as well as former MLB pitching great Don Sutton (both from Molino, a little town north of Pensacola)...though I have no vicarious link to either one.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

My friends, best friend is Bates Battaglia, who played on the Canes, and Leafs, and knows Mats Sundin (from there days getting Big Macs together), who kinda knows Wayne Gretzky, who's married to Janet Gretzky, nbd. ^_^

untitled-6.jpg

My dad's cousin is former NBA player Eric Piatkowski, who played for 16 seasons. I could make a lot of other connections from there, but I don't feel like it.

I'm pretty sure I was baptized by Jim Leyland's brother.

I sat next to current Toledo defensive end T.J. Fatinikun in Spanish class.

As Shumway mentioned, I do indeed have a first cousin who was a long-time linebacker for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. His name is Derrick Brooks.

You win.

spacer.png

My uncles brother in law is Jerry Koosman and my older brother plays cards with him on wednesdays and I went to a funeral and saw him(he sat right behind me)

My math Teacher went to college and had some of the same classes as Billy Cundiff the Ravens kicker.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

My uncles brother in law is Jerry Koosman and my older brother plays cards with him on wednesdays and I went to a funeral and saw him(he sat right behind me)

My math Teacher went to college and had some of the same classes as Billy Cundiff the Ravens kicker.

I'd like to see someone connect bigbean to an English teacher.

Was that necessary?

I dont give a :censored:, I type how I type.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Archived