Corn Belt - UPDATE 9-14

GeoTheo

Last week a new Cy-Hawk Trophy was unvailed, and by Tuseday it was scraped, you can read about it here if you're unfamilar with story. A local morning radio show in Des Moines has an idea for Championship Belt called the "Corn Belt" to use for the the new Cy-Hawk Trophy. I thought It sounded like a pretty good idea so I came up with this concept, I think I have a pretty good start, but I think it needs more flare, any good idea for making this better?

cornbelt.png

Update:

cornbelt2.png

The idea of a championship wrestling-like belt for football is just awesome. What player wouldn't want to hold a trophy like that? I do think you could make it a little more detailed though.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Make the borders of the three medalians the texture and design of corn ears (or the inside parts of all three.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The idea of a championship wrestling-like belt for football is just awesome.

It seriously is. I wish they would start doing this.

I'm super cereal.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is a fantastic idea. I'd drop the "champion" part and just call it "the corn belt". The illibuk isn't the illibuk champion.

Just a minor thing. This is as good as you can get as a modern trophy!

I'd drop the "champion" part and just call it "the corn belt". The illibuk isn't the illibuk champion.

If you do that, maybe replace the state of Iowa with the sponsor logo (and I guess drop the bottom banner or move the top banner to the bottom and drop the top one. You can then use the state inside of the top circle where the sposor is now. It'll add some color to the middle and at least give you some kind of design there, as the state outline of Iowa is... well, it's not the most interesting centerpiece.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thanks for all of the comments

I added a corn kernal pattern to the background of the 3 medalians, I think it makes it pop a little more. Does it stil need something inside the State shape?

I want to keep the "Champion" banner, the radio guys that Im doing this for all calling it it the "Corn Belt Championship", and plus, I've never seen a championship belt without "Champion" on it.

CORNBELT-1.png

I just noticed that I need to fix the ear of corn on the sponsor logo.

That's pretty much exactly as I imagined the pattern looking. Inside instead of border looks like the right call. Nice work.

Archived