Corn Belt - UPDATE 9-14

GeoTheo

This silly idea has gotten some attention. As I mentioned a few weeks ago it got someairtime on a local sports broadcast. I was told that it was published in the DesMoines Sunday Register (although I never submitted it, which means that someoneswiped it, I guess I should have done something to protect it) Last week a fullsize printout I made got good airtime onlive sports broadcasts on two channels in Des Moines. I have received many positive comments on it,and I'd like to put together an official entry to be considered.

I designed a simple wooden base to mount the belt on, withthe idea that the belt can be lifted off the base. The base has two levels. The front and back of top level features plaquesrepresenting the sponsor and the athletic logos of the two schools, and sponsorplaques on both sides. The lower tierhas smaller plaques with the date, location and score of each game since the originaltrophy was introduced in 1977.

I also drew a player lifting the belt over his head incelebration, I would like to use it, butit looks so different to the rest. HereI am showing figures, in Hawkeye and Cyclone colors.

Any comments on how to improve any of the element s is appreciated. Thanks.

cornbelt2.png

Link to video of the Live brocast, the belt is featured at about the 3:00 mark.

http://www.whotv.com...V-Adel-5pm-News-

Archived