Rarely Used Dolphins Script Logo

danmerz

Hey everybody,

Does anyone have a good quality file on the rarely used Dolphins script logo? Very hard to find this logo on any items other than the Sears catalog items.....love this script logo when it was used in the end zone for Super Bowl VII.

1972 Sears Wish Book page180.jpg

Either can post or send to swayzeclone2002@yahoo.com

Thank you for any help!

Wow. Not only did I have that poncho as a kid (Cardinals, of course), but I think I had that cheesy sweater as well (also Cardinals).

I don't think I have got that Dolphins wordmark...it's in this graphic however:

1972NFLTeamTypefaces.jpg

Wow. Not only did I have that poncho as a kid (Cardinals, of course), but I think I had that cheesy sweater as well (also Cardinals).

1972NFLTeamTypefaces.jpg

What year is that from?

It has to be earlier than 1976...no Tampa/Seattle.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

1972NFLTeamTypefaces.jpg

What year is that from?

It has to be earlier than 1976...no Tampa/Seattle.

According to the file name, it's 1972. For some reason the "NFL logos by year" on the mothership is missing the Jets and Chargers in that year.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1972NFLTeamTypefaces.jpg

I had those sheets growing up as a hand me down from my brothers. I was always fascinated with he jets wordmark.

That graphic came from the Sunoco NFL 1972 sticker book. Every kid I knew back then was collecting the players' stickers that you applied to each team page on the inside. Here's the cover image:

nfl72.jpg

Even though I was only 9 years old in '72, I already had begun my obsession with adding Black to the Cardinals' uniforms...I took a Black magic marker to my copy and outlined all of the stripes and numbers on the Cardinals player...and yes, it bugged me to no end that they put White stripes on the Red jersey. Although, I would have been OK if they would have done that.

Here's an article on those sticker books:

http://blog.timesuni...noco-nfl-72/13/

That graphic came from the Sunoco NFL 1972 sticker book. Every kid I knew back then was collecting the players' stickers that you applied to each team page on the inside. Here's the cover image:

nfl72.jpg

Even though I was only 9 years old in '72, I already had begun my obsession with adding Black to the Cardinals' uniforms...I took a Black magic marker to my copy and outlined all of the stripes and numbers on the Cardinals player...and yes, it bugged me to no end that they put White stripes on the Red jersey. Although, I would have been OK if they would have done that.

Here's an article on those sticker books:

http://blog.timesuni...noco-nfl-72/13/

What's this early obsession about black in the Cardinals? Sounds like a very interesting story...

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Makes sense for the Dolphins to have an art deco inspired wordmark... very Miami. I had a blanket with all these wordmarks when I was a kid and remember liking the Dolphins and Jets the most.

Also, I still think it's hilarious that the Vikings used to use the same font as the Love Boat logo... what with that little scandal and all :P

Love_boat.jpg

1972NFLTeamTypefaces.jpg

I had those sheets growing up as a hand me down from my brothers. I was always fascinated with he jets wordmark.

I just noticed that the Saints have a lower case 'i' in their typeface. God, I hate that. It just looks so stupid if you are not trying to emphasize it for a particular reason (unless of course that font doesn't have an uppercase 'i'). Regardless of that fact, I don't like it one bit.

according to the website....it has the vikings stencil font starting in 1982 (when they moved into the metrodome)....according to these ads and posters, it was used way before then!

If you get the chance look for videos of SB 8, 9 and 11, you can see the Vikings end zone had the stencil fonts then. SB 8 was Jan 74, 9 was Jan 75 and 11 was Jan 77 just for reference.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

according to the website....it has the vikings stencil font starting in 1982 (when they moved into the metrodome)....according to these ads and posters, it was used way before then!

If you get the chance look for videos of SB 8, 9 and 11, you can see the Vikings end zone had the stencil fonts then. SB 8 was Jan 74, 9 was Jan 75 and 11 was Jan 77 just for reference.

Here's a pregame shot of the stencil font on the field for SB VIII (January 13, 1974, at Rice Stadium in Houston):

7RdOK.jpg

And here's a pregame shot of the stencil font on the field for SB XI (January 9, 1977, at the Rose Bowl):

8xDhQ.jpg

However, while the stencil font was used in Super Bowls, it appears that the Vikings didn't use it in the end zones at Metropolitan Stadium:

IeCCQ.jpg

Perhaps it was the official team wordmark by the early 1970s, but the team used more traditional block font on the field for reasons of legibility on the grass/mud/ice until they moved indoors.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I got bored, and did an updated version of this poster, used the same colors for the teams (so eagles have kelly green) and only used one color for the wordmarks.

nflposterupdated.png

Really a fantastic job, although there's a little-known update to the teams' wordmarks for 2011...the Jets modified theirs a little:

NewYorkJets_WMK1a_2011-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

The primary logo is still the same; just the primary wordmark was modified.

Archived