SFGiants58's Concepts

SFGiants58

NL West #1- Los Angeles Dodgers

Now, despite what my name suggests, I don't absolutely hate the Dodgers. I actually kind of like the team, and I would say that they're my third favorite NL team (behind the Cardinals). Also, I've always loved the classy Dodger uniforms and logos. So, like my Giants concept, this won't be so much of a complete rebrand but more of a small tweaking.

Primary:

6154424734_5affe0898d_b.jpg

Using the current primary, I've tilted it slightly and added a surrounding diamond, with a powder blue interior (and before anyone goes crazy, powder blue was in use during the 1940's, and it's a color used in Dodger Stadium).

Alternate

6153882123_06f4913fc7_b.jpg

Based off of this old Brooklyn primary logo.

Uniforms

6154424716_12ccff1b71_b.jpg

Basically the same as the current uniforms, except the uniforms have no sleeve patches (the current patch is simply the cap logo recolored) and the road uniforms now have the blue text outlined in white (white helps the blue stand out against the bluish-gray).

Next, the D-Backs!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NL West #1- Los Angeles Dodgers

Now, despite what my name suggests, I don't absolutely hate the Dodgers. I actually kind of like the team, and I would say that they're my third favorite NL team (behind the Cardinals). Also, I've always loved the classy Dodger uniforms and logos. So, like my Giants concept, this won't be so much of a complete rebrand but more of a small tweaking.

Primary:

6154424734_5affe0898d_b.jpg

Using the current primary, I've tilted it slightly and added a surrounding diamond, with a powder blue interior (and before anyone goes crazy, powder blue was in use during the 1940's, and it's a color used in Dodger Stadium).

Alternate

6153882123_06f4913fc7_b.jpg

Based off of this old Brooklyn primary logo.

Uniforms

6154424716_12ccff1b71_b.jpg

Basically the same as the current uniforms, except the uniforms have no sleeve patches (the current patch is simply the cap logo recolored) and the road uniforms now have the blue text outlined in white (white helps the blue stand out against the bluish-gray).

Next, the D-Backs!

B-E-A-utiful. Road uniforms in absolutely perfect. There's no harm in putting a white outline around such a classic script. The Yankees do it.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Looking at the logo, you'd think light blue was their primary color, but then its not featured in the uniforms at all

That's not necessarily true. Take the Jacksonville Jaguars for example. Looking at their logo you'd think gold would be their primary color, but the Jags don't use any gold on their uniforms.

SFGiants, these are some great concepts. I love the Raiders one, although I'm not sure I like the thickness of the helmet stripe in the back, similar to that of your SF 49ers concept. Keep up the good work though. You're showing that you put some though and effort into these, something that's becoming a little less common around these parts.

Looking at the logo, you'd think light blue was their primary color, but then its not featured in the uniforms at all

That's not necessarily true. Take the Jacksonville Jaguars for example. Looking at their logo you'd think gold would be their primary color, but the Jags don't use any gold on their uniforms.

SFGiants, these are some great concepts. I love the Raiders one, although I'm not sure I like the thickness of the helmet stripe in the back, similar to that of your SF 49ers concept. Keep up the good work though. You're showing that you put some though and effort into these, something that's becoming a little less common around these parts.

There's gold on the helmet and pants.

But SFGiants, these are solid concepts, and the effort level is appreciated by your fellow members

NL West #2 - Arizona Diamondbacks

I have never liked any D-back color scheme (the original felt too 90's and the second has no desert feel), so I have completely started from scratch with the color scheme, provided by the wonderful Tim E. O'Brien. I feel that it manages to capture both a desert and snake-like feel, while being unique amongst the MLB.

Primary Logo

6168061513_a2bc2fe8a4_z.jpg

The same as the current primary, with the new color scheme.

Cap Logos

Home

6168597744_928d3b2f54_b.jpg

Road

6168061481_b11f974be8_b.jpg

Different home and road caps, slightly modified from the O'Brien designs.

Uniforms

6168597716_e133b26928_b.jpg

I've kept many elements of the current team branding, but with a few large adjustments. The "D-Backs" script logo is gone, and the striping on the pants has a scale pattern, and the number font is the current Astros font (I thought it worked well with the script logos and the general aesthetic of the concept). The alternates are now green and brown, with a sand-based home uniform, akin to the 1998 uniforms. Now, if you're wondering why I got rid of the script logo, I present this:

DBagsShr.jpg

When a logo is that susceptible to lampooning, it has to go.

Next, the Blake Street Bombers!

But SFGiants, these are solid concepts, and the effort level is appreciated by your fellow members

Where? On the logo? Thank you for proving my point.

Very nice Diamondbacks concept SFGiants. I'm really digging the new color scheme, it's very unique. Brown's not a color you see a lot of in sports and it's executed nicely here.

Where? On the logo? Thank you for proving my point.

Very nice Diamondbacks concept SFGiants. I'm really digging the new color scheme, it's very unique. Brown's not a color you see a lot of in sports and it's executed nicely here.

Yes, on the logo on the uniform There's no light blue on any part of these uniforms

Hi there, this is my first concept thread. Instead of focusing my concepts on one team or one league, I'd rather make my concepts of multiple teams in multiple leagues. I'm just starting out with Inkscape, so my work is a bit crude.

Anyway, first up are the Major League Bay Area teams (MLB, NFL, NBA, etc.)

The primary logo has a crisp, clear look and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the concept a big boost.

Why you no speak like Russian caveman no more?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

NL West #3 - Colorado Rockies

Now, I believe that each MLB team should have a distinctive approach to its color scheme (i.e. Giants and Orioles alternate dominance between black and orange, Mets and Tigers use different shades of their colors), and the Rockies should be no different. However, the Rockies have turned their pretty unique color scheme into a bland White Sox-esque identity. So, for this concept, the only answer was more purple and less black. I like the wordmarks and cap logos, so the only changes they will receive are recolorings.

Primary Logo

6182885316_72885728a7_b.jpg

More purple and silver, a little less black.

Uniforms

6182885202_c9bdec5d7d_b.jpg

More purple, less black, and NO VESTS.

To close out the NL West series, the Friars and PCL alts!

It's good to have less black, but black is nowhere to be found on two of the jerseys, and then the road alt. is all black. Black definitely should be relegated to a minor colour, but there should be more black trim. After all, black is in the logo, but the home and home alt. have silver outlines, when silver is nowhere to be found on the logo. Also, on the road, grey numbers don't look very good. I think you may have also accidentally got rid of the buttons on the road alt. That's not to say that this isn't a good look - it is, but it needs a few touch-ups for it to become a great concept, which I'm sure it will be.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Taking a little break from the NL West, I have a random concept. The California Angels!

Random #1- Los Angeles Anaheim California Angels of Anaheim

I am probably in the minority on this one, but I believe the "California" identity works the best for the Angels. They aren't in LA, Anaheim is not as marketable a city, and apart from the A's, they're the only AL team in California. So, I have restored the California name to the team. Once again, this could be controversial, but that's the I way I like my Angels presented.

Primary Logo:

6193131119_057525ee59_b.jpg

Based off of the mid-90's primary logo, I have simply added the modified "A" logo.

Cap Logos:

6193647342_c9640d1259_b.jpg

6193647354_cb22891d33_b.jpg

The cap logo itself is the current cap logo, with all the inner bevel removed, 1970's colors, and a yellow halo. The crowns on the primary caps are blue, while the alternate has a red crown with inverted colors on the logo.

Uniforms:

6193917804_0b1b90391d_b.jpg

Now the basic idea behind this was to take the current uniform set and match it with the 1971-1993 style. So, I have taken the current script logos, recolored them to match the 1970's, used blue socks and undershirts to tone down the red dominance, and I have switched the number font to the Boston Red Sox number font like the uniforms of the 60's and 70's. Now that last one will probably draw a bunch of criticism, but I do think that it's OK for teams to share distinct number fonts, even if said font is a classic (seriously, almost every MLB team used the Red Sox number font at some point, even the Yankees). Also, I think the number font works well with the Angels' script logos. There is also a throwback road alt that is a reproduction of the 1980's road uniform, complete with old cap logo and patches. I believe that most teams, if there have been large-scale stylistic changes in their past, should include a throwback or fauxback alternate in the uniform system.

Now that the Angels are done, the Friars are on tap!

Archived