What if Nike got the Arena League Back?

fkaKrock5cent

Hey all!

So I'm back at it again! Due Iriene knocking out my cable for a few hours this weekend I finally got to tie some loose ends on a few Arena League concepts I had been putting together. Before the AFL shut down for a season Nike was the official uniform suppiler for the league and I loved the unique logos and uniforms that came out during their time working together. The combination of the high-scoring games and modern uniforms just worked. Since Russell has run that league (ascetically) into the ground, I called upon Nike's Pro Combat template to bring it back!

Philadelphia Soul

I decided to start off with what used to be my favorite Arena League team, the Soul. I went to a Soul game in 2007 and LOVED the environment! I decided to make them very similar to Oregon in the sense of the jersey style and abundance of helmet colors and combinations. I love their current logo and decided to keep it for the time being. As with many of my concepts I decided to use elements from the logo in designing the uniform in order to give them and many of the other teams a unique and distinct look (something thanks lacking currently). I also brought back their old Nike number font, which matched their word mark perfectly.

souluni.png

Enjoy! C and C please!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are mean as hell! Nice work! The white jersey/white helmet combo would have to be my favorite.

I would lower the logo on the pants just a tad so the football can be seen, other than that, it's a keeper!

Oh, and agreed with griffinmarlins. Love to see these bigger

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Back side of the sleeves on your alt are not colored correctly. I'm also not sure I'm sold on the contrasting sleeve cuffs, it looks weird to me to have a different color on the sleeves, collar, and jersey itself.

I like the concept though, can't wait to see what's to come!

This is great. I love the use of the blue, and the use of the logo as pants and jersey design. One question though, the left jersey, is that supposed to be black or like a gunmetal color?

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Alright!

This next concept is for the Jacksonville Sharks! I didn't see the uniform going this way but I'm pleased with the direction it went in. The pattern I repeated on the helmet and jersey is a "shark tooth" esque pattern based on the logo. I saw what Nike did with the Redskins new throwbacks and I tried to replicate it on these. The pants are interchangeable.

Logos/ Helmet Close Up

sharkslogosheet.png

Uniforms

sharksUni.png

Good to be back! Hope you all have somethin' to say!

I don't like the number font. I think it has the right idea but that particular font isn't doing it for me. I also suggest dropping the grey outline on the logo and numbers and replacing it with white. I would also switch up the facemask on the red helmet to white or black. But, that's just my $0.02

I absolutely LOVE the way the blood trail looks as a pant stripe!

Archived