What if Nike got the Arena League Back?

fkaKrock5cent

Nice! I loved the Arena League and I was so upset when it folded. Like you, I was a Soul phan and I remember watching the 2007 Arena Bowl against the San Jose Saber Cats. So, I was wondering if you could do the Saber Cats next? By the way, I really like the swirl thing on the Sharks' pants but I might consider a color rebrand for them.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm thrilled to see the AFL back to form. I'm currently working on the Pred's for the next team but don't worry Philsphan, I'll be getting to SJ eventually.

If you want to watch the leauge, there's game going on every weekend at http://www.ustream.tv/afl

Also, here's the Sharks with the new number font. Thoughts?

SharksUniV2.png

I think the number font is overwrought and too cartoonish, which is a shame, since the entire concept overall is genius, esp the pant stripe. I'd go back to the number font from before.

rATMcmK.png

That was my initial thought too, So I'll be sticking with the original. I'm currently working on tracing the Preditors word marks and everything right now. It'll be another fun concept. Thanks for all the CandC so far.

Team 3: Orlando Predators

The Preds have been gonig strong since '91, and are celebrating their 20th season this year. The Predators have never been shy about experimenting with different types of designs. Most famously, they wore uniforms featuring the Zubaz workout pattern on both their jerseys and pants. (link to a jersey here They also went with cut-off "claw marks" on the numbers in 2000, (pictured here)I always liked the fact that the Predators were adventurous with their uniforms.

With this in mind I began my concept wanting to respect their established tradition... of having no tradition. The main kit is very much a product of Nike design featuring a triangle fade pattern on the pants and sleeves. I decided to bring back the main logo from 2001. The throwback is a combination of the Zubaz pattern and cutoff numbers from the teams past, including the old Arena Football logo.

Enough Talking... Here's what they look like.

Orlpredslogos.png

PredsUni.jpg

Thank you for your time and any response you may have.

Team 3: Orlando Predators

The Preds have been gonig strong since '91, and are celebrating their 20th season this year. The Predators have never been shy about experimenting with different types of designs. Most famously, they wore uniforms featuring the Zubaz workout pattern on both their jerseys and pants. (link to a jersey here They also went with cut-off "claw marks" on the numbers in 2000, (pictured here)I always liked the fact that the Predators were adventurous with their uniforms.

With this in mind I began my concept wanting to respect their established tradition... of having no tradition. The main kit is very much a product of Nike design featuring a triangle fade pattern on the pants and sleeves. I decided to bring back the main logo from 2001. The throwback is a combination of the Zubaz pattern and cutoff numbers from the teams past, including the old Arena Football logo.

Enough Talking... Here's what they look like.

Orlpredslogos.png

PredsUni.jpg

Thank you for your time and any response you may have.

I think the black nameplate is excessive. Also, the zubaz could use some red.

Thank you for all the C&C so far! I just graduated high school yesterday to this is a bit of a hectic time but I have not forgotten about this project! VooDoo on deck, just for you Chawls...

Also, it wouldn't be a bump without anther visit from the Bluth family...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6siWnGmx8k&feature=fvwrel

This concept is the New Orleans VooDoo. New Orleans LOVES football, and they have adopted the VooDoo as their own since 2002. The VooDoo have had a checkered past, having to stop operations for the 2006 after Katrina and folding in 2008 after league went bankrupt for a year. Since then the Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings moved in and they assumed the VooDoo name, logos, and history.

The VooDoo have a very fun set of logos and uniforms. I made sure the uniforms reflect the versitiality of the skull and crossbones the VooDoo have rocked since 2002. The jerseys were slightly modeled after the Seahawks new digs. The pants and "graveyard" alt. sleeves are stripes made out of the interlocking V shape the bones make in the main logo. No more talking, here's what they look like.

VooDooLogos.png

voodooUni.png

Stripe Detail

boneStripe.png

Orlando: I love everything except the red outlined nameplate on the home and the contrasting nameplate on the aways. I also agree that the Zubaz could use some red. Other than that I would be thrilled to see the Preds rock those.

VooDoo: I love everything except the bone colored facemask on the second helmet and the bone colored jersey. I don't think it would look good in real life and really don't think it looks good as a concept. I do like that you're thinking outside the box and I freaking LOVE the stripe pattern.

It's better than what they have now, but I can't honestly say that I love this concept. If you're gonna go with a skull color, use it on the entirety of the alt helmet so that it looks like an actual skull. Also, I don't see how the Seahawks template "flows" with the theme of the uniform. I don't like the zig-zag bones. From a distance, it appears to have that bad 90's design aesthetic. I'd suggest a different pant stripe, one that utilizes a bit of red. Maybe a femur bone. The throwback isn't a throwback at all.

But I do like the numbers. Haha

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Looks like it'll be back to the drawing board on the VooDoo, I guess.

Next up are the Georgia Force. The Force are one the the newer teams to join the Arena League, but they have quickly become one of the more competative teams in the league. before their most recent design change, they had a very unique jersey that used the lightning bolt in some creative ways. They're current looks exactly like the old Chargers but with different colors. So with this new kit I aimed to bring back the creativity of the old Nike era Force. I also tried to incorporate the lightning bolt onto the pants in a way that did not directly rip off the Chargers.

ForceLogos.png

ForceUniform.png

Thanks for your time. I think I'll be going with a team with more history for my next concept.

Just wanted to drop off a little info on the VooDoo. I work with the team and wanted to let y'all know a few things. First of all the uniforms were not printed like originally designed and as of now will not return next season. 2 the snakes are gone as long as they are owned by the current owner. His wife didn't like them. Glad to know there are some VooDoo fans on here!

Archived