What if Nike got the Arena League Back?

fkaKrock5cent

For as harsh as I was with your VooDoo concept, I have no criticisms for the Force. I like it.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to drop off a little info on the VooDoo. I work with the team and wanted to let y'all know a few things. First of all the uniforms were not printed like originally designed and as of now will not return next season. 2 the snakes are gone as long as they are owned by the current owner. His wife didn't like them. Glad to know there are some VooDoo fans on here!

Hold on. Wait a minute. Are you serious?

As far as the VooDoo concept goes, I really, REALLY like the home and away. The shoulder striping looks great and works well for an arena team. I would personally use red for the collars and sleeve cuffs though on BOTH the home and away. I'm not a fan at all of the leg striping. Why not try to mimick the striping of the jerseys on the pants? I also agree that the secondary mark NEEDS to come back either on the sleeves or hips of the pants.

Great work so far.

gYH2mW9.png

That's what I was told. He hasn't told me that but people within the orginization have. Seems alittle silly but it is what it is.

Silly is an understatement. He's missing out on a huge merchandising opportunity. While I think the skull "V" logo is one of the best in the arena league, that secondary mark is a thing of beauty. I would LOVE a hat with the snake logo. Or a shirt. I already have several iteams with the skull logo because I like it so much. It's a shame really.

gYH2mW9.png

Just wanted to drop off a little info on the VooDoo. I work with the team and wanted to let y'all know a few things. First of all the uniforms were not printed like originally designed and as of now will not return next season. 2 the snakes are gone as long as they are owned by the current owner. His wife didn't like them. Glad to know there are some VooDoo fans on here!

Hold on. Wait a minute. Are you serious?

As far as the VooDoo concept goes, I really, REALLY like the home and away. The shoulder striping looks great and works well for an arena team. I would personally use red for the collars and sleeve cuffs though on BOTH the home and away. I'm not a fan at all of the leg striping. Why not try to mimick the striping of the jerseys on the pants? I also agree that the secondary mark NEEDS to come back either on the sleeves or hips of the pants.

Great work so far.

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words but I think I found another team to use the jersey striping pattern with (which is coming up next!). On second thought I'd like to give the VooDoo a much more distinct look than I did on the first go around.

Also, that reasoning for ditching the snakes is crazy, but believable, remembering that Babe Ruth was sold to fund a play.

My next team will be one that is currently defunct, but rumored to make a return for 2013.

Are based west of the Mississippi

and were owned by a former NFL player/Current NFL Owner

... can YOU guess who's next?

Also, more Bluth family!

Colorado Crush!

Bing! Bing! Bing!

The Colorado Crush, another one of my favorites growing up, had a brief but memorable stint in the Arena League. Founded in 2003 as an expansion franchise the Crush featured a bold ownership group consisting of Colorado legends John Elway and Pat Bowlin. The Crush reached their apex winning Arena Bowl XIX under the leadership of John Dutton and Damian Harrell. However the team did not come back after the 2009 season. There are rumors swirling that the AFL will come back to Colorado in 2012, however it is known that the Elway group isn't interested. This means that since the Crush name/branding is partially based on the Denver Broncos we likely won't see these logos, but instead might see a re-birth of original Arena Bowl champion Denver Dynamite. For that reason I decided to do this concept featuring the Crush as the primary brand, but with a throwback to the Dynamite, who were one of the first 4 "demonstration" teams of the 1987 season.

On to the design, I deiced that the stripes I used for the VooDoo might work better with the Crush number font (one of my all time favorites and in addition I also used a pant stripe that better fit what they jersey was doing. I also used an enlarged logo for the helmet ala San Jose Sabercats (who will be coming up, maybe next) or Michigan Panthers of the old USFL. Also, there is NO BLACK in the entire kit. I agree with chrisCLEMENT's point that so far I've made too many black helmets and decided to go with a color scheme that didn't feature it at all. Also the throwback features the usual throwback league patches as well

Enjoy!

crushlogos.png

crushuniforms-1.png

I've always loved the Crush's color scheme, and I like how you used it here. The only thing I'm not too sure about is having the primary road uniforms be that cream/off-white color. I guess those color jerseys always end up looking kind of "dirty" to me. And I'm also not a huge fan of that number font, even though it does match the the wordmark. I think you could use a different font, but keep the drop shadow, that looks good.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Hey all!

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad most of you are receptive to what's been coming out lately. I was just on Beach Week so, as you might expect, I wasn't able to post a whole lot in the way of concepts. I think the New York Dragons will be on the clock!

It's been awhile, CCSLC but here come the New York Gian..no New York Jet...no no wait, I got this. New York Metsssthat's not it either. Oh right, the New York Dragons.

The Dragons moved to New York from Iowa where they were the original Barnstormers until 2001. The Dragons had a long and successful run up until 2008 when the team folded after the league declared bankruptcy. The Dragons are most notable for having one of the best players in AFL History Aaron Garcia, who was 2001 AFL Offensive Player of the Year.

As for the design, I used a set of logos that the team was planing to use before it was forced to fold. The new logo set is much more western depiction of a dragon then the set of logos they had used throughout their existence. I again tried to use logo elements (such as the tail)through out the uniform to give the Dragons a distinct look. I also decided to include a throwback to their kits from 2001.

DragonsLogoSet.png

dragonsUnifroms.png

New York is amazing. I love the throwback and the tail design on the pants. One thing I would love to see is an all green alternate with a green helmet with dragon eyes on the front. Overall, it's an amazing concept.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Hey all! Sorry it's been so long but, again, I find myself on vacation. This time at the beach for another two weeks. I'm sorry for the lack of updates but I don't have a laptop so that kinda leaves me SOL. So this is a bump to get us back onto page one. The Mustangs are on deck.

Upon hearing that it will be two weeks 'till another AFL concept, GOB Bluth had the following to say...

Archived