Best park in MLB

Pat

All I've been to is Busch, and it's great. The renovations about 8 years ago were awesome. The style was unique when it opened, and then was copied. By now most of the copies have been torn down and it is unique again. It really is a great place to watch the games. Problem is, it's on it's way out. Not many seem to be able to figure out why the Cards need a new park, but next year will be Busch's last. The new ballpark that is set to open in 2006 looks nice from the artist's renderings though.

I went to Busch last were, it was my last stop on a baseball trip. I went to Wrigley, Comisky (I refuse to call it cellular), Miller, and then Bush. Let me say Busch by far was the worst, the Cards need a new stadium badly. There was nothing unique about it, it is a closed off version of Shea Stadium. Shea was built before Busch.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've been to Tiger Stadium, Comerica Park, Exhibition Stadium, SkyDome, Wrigley Field, Comiskey Park (Old and New), Jacobs Field, Turner Field, County Stadium, and Riverfront Stadium and hands down my favorite is Tiger Stadium....the smells, the atmosphere, the closed in, you can only watch the ballgame feeling, the fact that you can actually sit in dead center, or in right field over the field of play......just fantastic.

i enjoyed Turner, the Jake, and the CoPa, but Wrigley would be my non-homer choice.

I've been to the Metrodome and Wrigley Field... hand down the best is the Metrodome, no question.

Go figure, i was gonna say the same thing. But that's only because i love the Twins.

I've been to a lot of ballparks. Living in Pittsburgh, i've been blessed to be able to watch games at PNC Park -- hands down the most attractive ballpark i've attended. Next would have to be Oriole Park, then Jacobs Field in a tie with The Ballpark at Arlington, and finally Comerica.

The rest I've been to don't really rate: Shea, Busch, Tiger Stadium, Three Rivers, Veterans in Philly, i think that's it.

Now i leave Pittsburgh for New Mexico and the joys of AAA baseball. Go Albuquerque Isotopes!

"...and Shea, but that place is a toilet."
"Fitting since it's in Flushing Meadows ....... Haven't I made that joke before?"
"A lot of people have made that joke."
"Yeah, but on this board?"

Honestly, yes, it is a dump, a toilet, and it looks like a toilet seat when you think about it, and indeed is aptly named Flushing Meadows...but I digress.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

There was nothing unique about it, it is a closed off version of Shea Stadium. Shea was built before Busch.

If you're going to compare, compare it to other similar stadiums--Three Rivers in Pittsburgh, the Vet in Philly, and other round, multi-purpose stadiums. Not to say this makes it good or bad, but at least compare correctly.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Miller was nice, but it will look really dated in like 30 years, but for now, its cool.

Well the main reason I like it is because of the sightlines and general layout. Those won't change in 30 years.

Of course, the only other ballparks I've been to are the MetroDump, County Stadium and New Comiskey... not hard to win that battle royal.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

There was nothing unique about it, it is a closed off version of Shea Stadium. Shea was built before Busch.

If you're going to compare, compare it to other similar stadiums--Three Rivers in Pittsburgh, the Vet in Philly, and other round, multi-purpose stadiums. Not to say this makes it good or bad, but at least compare correctly.

You can put Shea in that list. Shea might not have a similar exterior, but it's still a multi-purpose venue. The Jets played there until the early 80's.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Do people have a thing against multi-purpose stadiums?

All the classic ballparks were used for baseball and football. Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, Wrigley Field. Mile High.

Even today's modern ballparks have been used for football. SBC and BOB have held football games as well.

I saw, I came, I left.

Probably because the stadiums built specificly to be multi-purpose are bland. The vet is just a big rock, Busch stadium is just a circle, they dont seem to have any creativity.

The others you mention were built with only baseball in mind, but they were able to be modified, so there is a slight difference.

1zqy8ok.gif

First off I don't think Fenway and Yankee Stadium can be anywhere near the top (I can't put Wrigley here, because I have never been). For all the mystique and aura surronding these places, they both suck. They lack all that makes the new parks great. I think the 2 most storied franchies in baseball deserve new ballparks.

Of the parks I have been to, nothing compares to Camden Yards. What an amazing place to experience a baseball game.

The worst is tied between Shea and Estade Olympique. Ewww.

Man Skydome would be so much better with GRASS! The K is an AWESOME place to watch a game!

It will in July ... for a soccer match.

The K does look awesome. I want to go there myself. It looks better than many of today's "retro" ballparks and to be quite honest, I prefer symmetry in ballparks.

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm partial to the Fens, but I really think Camden is the best I've seen. Just got back from Skydome, and I have to admit the place is very nice - for a dome. They really need to get either the NexTurf or the FieldTurf in there.

I've also been to Yankee Stadium and the Vet. I'm glad the Vet is gone, it really did not age well at all. At least they try not to make Yankee Stadium look like it's 80 years old. (I know, most of it isn't that old, but you know what I mean.)

Of the five MLB parks I've been to, I'd have to rank them like this:

1 - Camden Yards

2 - Fenway

3 - Yankee Stadium

4 - Skydome (just barely below)

5 - Veterans Stadium

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

S.

B.

C.

enough said

(and Ive been to Wrigley)

You got those letters wrong, Shark. It's

P. :notworthy:

N. :notworthy:

C. :notworthy:

(Which stands for "Pirates Need Cash!") :P

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

I am all about the vibe. The atmosphere. And for that alone I will always love Milwaukee County Stadium. Obstructed views, lousy plumming and all. At least I can still see her in Major League.

I hate Miller Park. No reason. Its a great building, but it feels west coast, hip and phony to me. Plus, its a symbol of Bud bending us collectively over and lowering payroll even further, despite all the new "revenue". If they leveled it tomorrow I'd be fine with that.

Been to Ballpark at Arlington or whatever its name is. It was ok.

Been to Wrigley and (prepare for flaming attack) I wasn't impressed. I mean, don't kill me. The neighborhood its in is awesome. The Ivy, the apartments.....the old architecture, the history. I get it. It's loveable. But for me, I couldnt believe how much the food didn't compare to up here. I mean, Chicago on the whole has great food.......what the hell? Some lame-arse Oscar Meyer dog in a PicknSave bun for $450??! Dude was even still boiling the thing in his cart. You guys owe it to yourselves to attend a Brewer game for the simple fact that even if we can't play baseball........we know how to eat and drink right and get fat doin it!!! Mmmmm Stadium Sauce.

Still meaning to visit my buddy in Boston and take in Fenway once.

Also been to Pohlman Field where the Snappers play and I'll be damned if that isn't a ton of fun too. Atmosphere atmosphere atmosphere......party deck on the first base line.......cookouts......cheap beer.....small town folks.....oh yeah.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived