Houston Astros

NDwas

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like your update. Big fan of the hat logo! I might want to trim the scripts in orange rather than white or nothing, but I'm just weird about not using white trim on grey when you have a second color. HDTV and all. Other than that, very good stuff.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The latest update is really sharp. There's not much I can say other then that it's a great re-imagining for the team, and a great way to re-introduce the blue and orange without going back to those overrated shooting star uniforms.

Thanks again, everyone. I never imagined I would get such a great response for this.

Here is the updated logo sheet with the more perspective-oriented orbit:

newastros31.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

You sir, are a winner.

This is far and away the best Astros concept I've ever seen!! This NEEDS to be thier identity. I love how clever of a design the logo is - I can easily see an "H", an "A", or a star - that's pretty incredible. There isn't much more I can say other that that. Fantastic work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Every time I see this concept, I find something else I like about it.

The primary logo is fantastic...everybody loves how the old Brewers logo is both a glove and a M.B. monogram; I think you take that idea to a higher level with the single character that's not only an A and and H, but also a star.

The orbitting "O" is a nice nod to the Biggio-Bagwell-era design that used the star logo within the wordmark.

And the simplicity of the uniform set is great, reminicient of the original Houston jerseys from the 60's.

The only suggestion I have would be an orange cap to match with the orange jersey. I don't love the navy hat above the orange shirt, and the orange cap would be another touch back to an earlier era.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

The update looks fantastic. Best concept on this board in a long time. Great job. I disagree with others on the orange cap because it's unnecessary IMO and I don't think changing the orbiting 'O' to white because of it would look as good. I think that the blue cap actually looks good with the orange jersey.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived