Chicago Cubs

NDwas

Based on the success of my Astros project, I thought I should share another one. This time, the Chicago Cubs. I changed the font so it could be used throughout their identity, and brought back a modernized bear head logo.

Please enjoy. C+C are welcome.

newcubs1.png

newcubs2.pngnewcubs3.pngnewcubs4.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Heh. I'm working on a Cubs road and alternate set as well and I too was gonna bring back that bear head. Why they got rid of it is beyond me. Solid work but I agree, the serif font just doesn't go with the classic logo. And this from a Cardinals fan. Plus them ditching that road cap was the one good thing they've actually done in the last 10 years or so. Not bad work overall.

As a Cub fan, I don't like the serif-ed type, it just comes off as too western to me. I do like the resurrection of the bear head, I had always loved that logo.

I agree completely. Find a good font, and this is gold. Not quite as innovative as the Astros concept, but I really like the subtle changes.

I am excited to see the alternate set.

25yzwqg.png

As a Cub fan, I don't like the serif-ed type, it just comes off as too western to me. I do like the resurrection of the bear head, I had always loved that logo.

I LOVE the updated bear-head logo...but what is the purpose of the 2 round notches in the "corners" of the head?

I also have to agree regarding the serif font...not feeling it in the logo. It just doesn't work with the "C".

gYH2mW9.png

I agree completely. Find a good font, and this is gold. Not quite as innovative as the Astros concept, but I really like the subtle changes.

I am excited to see the alternate set.

Same here. The new alt logo looks great, but the font just doesn't work. And whatever you do, keep their current number font at least. It's been around since the 50s, and is a major part of their identity.

The font is pretty close to Lubalin Graph Bold, which the Cubs have been using since at least the '80s, so it's not coming out of nowhere.

Not crazy about the greys, but I like that you have the primary on the blue shirts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm one who really likes the serif font on the road uniform. It doesn't, however, fit well within the C logo, and I can see how Cubs fans would especially not like that.

But that bear head logo is fantastic. Yes, the Cubs should bring that back.

what is different from this and their normal look?

Sleeve patches, number font, font for the road script, logos on the alternate. So a lot, actually.

As for the concept itself, I love it. I don't know why, but it just seems more focused a design then what they have now.

what is different from this and their normal look?

Sleeve patches, number font, font for the road script, logos on the alternate. So a lot, actually.

As for the concept itself, I love it. I don't know why, but it just seems more focused a design then what they have now.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was looking for drastic changes like that beautiful Astros concept.

spacer.png

Archived