Crosby vs. Ovechkin

Lebda4Norris

How is Ovechkin better than Crosby? Sure, call him a :censored: or whatever but he is clearly the better player.

Crosby has the better PPG playing with a 2nd and a 3rd liner, Dupuis and Kunitz. Ovechkin on the other hand, plays with two stars.

I'll put more to back this up later...

lebdasig.png

Lebda4Norris.png

And you'll always have your neat picture.
We'll make the playoffs and compete for the Stanley Cup.
So what if I'm post-padding? The world won't end.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This season, Sid only played half a season, and he had the same goal total as Ovi did in a whole season.

Sid has won a cup, Ovi has not, lets have this discussion if Ovechkin ever win one. Then we can compare stats, but now it's just not even close.

This season, Sid only played half a season, and he had the same goal total as Ovi did in a whole season.

Sid has won a cup, Ovi has not, lets have this discussion if Ovechkin ever win one. Then we can compare stats, but now it's just not even close.

Ahem. The Penguins won a Cup, not Crosby. Just thought i'd put that out there.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Yes, you are entirely right, I meant Crosby's team has won a championship.

He lead his team to a championship, as of now, Ovechkin has not. I think that buttetrboy Boudreau is one of the reasons the Caps can't win in the playoffs.

Nice...fat jokes. What class you have. Go listen to Mark Madden while reading Pensblog kay?

Oh and for the record I would say Malkin led them to that Cup, since, you know, he won the Conn Smythe?

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

I forgot about that point. And that's before you consider Crosby's a playmaker.

Sid is also slightly younger (doesn't really matter but still)

lebdasig.png

Lebda4Norris.png

Yes, you are entirely right, I meant Crosby's team has won a championship.

He lead his team to a championship, as of now, Ovechkin has not. I think that buttetrboy Boudreau is one of the reasons the Caps can't win in the playoffs.

Or how about Olympic gold?

I saw, I came, I left.

I wouldn't exactly call Semin or Backstrom "stars".

Joe Thornton piggybacked Cheechoo to a 50+ goal season and no one refers to Cheechoo as a star....

Backstrom is a star. Semin has that frustrating potential but hes so damn streaky. Only Datsyuk is a better stickhandler than Semin when hes on his game though.

Backstrom stops being a star when the playoffs start. Where does he go? Nobody knows.

If we get half the production out of him in the playoffs that we do in the regular season, I could stop tearing my hair out.

Backstrom had a horrible postseason last year, but hes been good throughout the playoffs in the last few seasons. 07-08 his rookie year he had 6 pts in 7 games, 08-09 he had 15 pts in 14 games, 09-10 he had 9 pts in 7 games. Last year he had 2 pts in 9 games. Aberration.

Sorry I am more of a Backstrom fan than Ovechkin.

Joe Thornton piggybacked Cheechoo to a 50+ goal season and no one refers to Cheechoo as a star....

Your example just showed how a star linemate will boost your stats, right?

If average 1st liner ----> Thornton boosts him up that high, then think about what Dupuis + Kunitz ----> 2 Average 1st liners would do to Crosby

Semin and Backstrom are at least average 1st liners.

lebdasig.png

Lebda4Norris.png

Backstrom is a star. Semin has that frustrating potential but hes so damn streaky. Only Datsyuk is a better stickhandler than Semin when hes on his game though.

Backstrom's a good player...but he's not a star.

Caps fans, do you disagree that Crosby is better? This is kind of getting boring with nobody to argue with. :)

Better scorer? Possibly. Better overall player? There's more to hockey than passing and scoring. I'd say Ovie is a much better defensive player and a better enforcer than Crosby. Again, nobody has ever questioned Ovie's toughness.

Archived