Chicago White Sox

NDwas

Now with my third concept of the week - the Chicago White Sox. I used a modernized version of the Chicago script used from 1967-75, and attempted to put more emphasis on the WHITE in White Sox. C+C are welcome, and please enjoy.

Note: there are three (technically six) different versions of the home uniform - I'd like to hear your feedback on these. My personal favorite is the pinstripe-less set.

newwhitesox1.png

newwhitesox2.pngnewwhitesox3.png

newwhitesox4.pngnewwhitesox5.png

newwhitesox8.pngnewwhitesox9.png

newwhitesox6.pngnewwhitesox7.png

I think most may disagree, but I really like the white hat and pinstripe-less iterations of the uniform, particularly the one with the "White Sox" script. It would be a really unique look in today's MLB.

The road grays look nice, too

You took a very risky idea and executed it superbly. The road grey is gorgeous, and my favorite home set is the pinstripeless one with the White Sox script.

An idea for the white cap could be to make the cap black with a white front panel. I think that for the home and road would pull together a very unique and appealing look.

LOVE the road set with the white letters/numbers. The "White Sox" script without the pinstripes looks awesome as well. Those two, paired with the black "Sox" jersey make one HELL of a home/road/alt set. Great stuff, as usual.

also if you are going to come up with those great updates to the script wordmarks, please just get rid of that horrible bank gothic looking wordmark they have now. Another idea I've always liked was the numbers on the sleeve like the 1959 uniforms they wore, maybe on the l/c Sox options, put the number on the sleeve instead of the chest.

I love the two home jerseys without pinstripes, I would much rather see them with a black hat, IMO, its much more realistic. I would remove the pinstripes from the black alt. away pants, and use the white ones. Lastly, I would much rather see a black wordmark on the ways, like the current one does. Overall great job!

Well for a team called the White Sox perhaps they should show some white socks. Not a fan of the white on white writing, it would be very hard to see on TV or in the stadium. I like the version w/o the pinstripes but with a black hat. A white hat would show dirty after a game and they do not get new hats every game. After a few weeks they would look nasty. Also a touch of another color would be good too.

Love the pinstripe-less uniforms and love that you removed the extra silver from the black jersey for a streamlined look.

newwhitesox6.pngnewwhitesox9.pngnewwhitesox8.png

It was also cool you brought back the second-gen Reinsdorf-era "White Sox" typeface. It was a pretty decent look, however given the history of the Old English Sox logo it makes sense why it was let go of. Nice to see a modern return.

The only flaws I see with the white on white on white look is contrast, especially during day games. The grey on white look on the away jersey, a nice nod to the '69 and '70, also has the problem of contrast compared to today's jerseys and might look off on tv. Other than those, you have great set with nice changes to the overall look of the team. Great work.

Archived