Local high school gets Pro Combat

vicfurth

Well, high school football has begun in Texas, and Nike has finally gotten their hands on one of the bigger school.

Last night, Euless (TX) Trinity Trojans became the first high school in America to don Nike's Pro Combat unis. They are all-red for a school that traditionally has worn all-black... Oy vey.

Trinity Trojans Pro Combat

JfJ9I.Hi.58.JPGEulessTrinityTrojans.jpeg

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

They suck! Not the team, the unis!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Is this just a one time thing, or their new full time jersey? Because a lot of high schools already wear the Pro Combat template

Not sure. Their coach said it depends on how well they do. They won by a lot

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• 2 months later...

I'm watching the Illinois high school football championship games and Sacred Heart-Griffin HS (Springfield, IL) just announced they'll be wearing special Nike Pro Combat uniforms for the innagural game at their new stadium. I thought it was odd they would announce it so far ahead of time.

Tons of Tongans (no pun intended) in Euless. They came in the 1970's to work for American Airlines at DFW, which is right next door. The Trojans feature a punishing ground game behind an offensive line that averages about 285. They've won state 5A titles in 2009, 2007, and 2005, are a perennial favorite each year, and are usually highly ranked in the beauty contest that is the national HS rankings. Unfortunately, they lost Saturday to Arlington Martin in the third round after having defeated top-ranked Allen the week before.

They started the Haka about 5-6 years ago. Originally they used the All-Blacks, but after a year or two switched to their own version. A lot of people complain that it's a poor copy that's ill-performed, but you're talking about coordinating 85 players in full pads, not 30 or so that are unencumbered.

A few years back they were featured in a Gatorade commercial.

I'm really curious to see what the uniforms will look like since they letting the players design them. Since their colors are black and gold, I'm assuming they'll be mostly black. Hopefully they'll keep gold helmets.

this is what Nike posted on their facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151002625365721&set=a.341713795720.336852.57460905720&type=1&theater

lets hope they change it up a little bit! whew!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived