2011 Rugby World Cup

Luigi

This thread will be all about the rugby world cup that will be starting in New Zealand in 5 days. Feel free to post anything about the RWC!

To get things rolling I have my list of pool games to watch. Bolded is the team I'll be going for:

Sep 9, New Zealand vs Tonga

Sep 10, Argentina vs England

Sep 11, South Africa vs Wales

Sep 15, Russia vs USA

Sep 17, Australia vs Ireland

Sep 18, Wales vs Samoa

Sep 24, New Zealand vs France

Oct 1, England vs Scotland

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Rugby world cups is going to be one of the best, with smaller capacity Arenas the crowd will sound huge an like they are right ontop of the players, they'll get behind all the teams.

Good luck to the smaller countries and go Aussies.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Wish I could be back in New Zealand right now, but nonetheless, Go All Blacks!

The All Blacks usually go away by the semi-finals....

everyone's predicting them to win, that's exactly why they won't!

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

I can feel an immature sig bet coming on. :hockeysmiley:

You'd think so, however, I've moved on from such a meaningless proposition.

Additionally, I hope the Eagles can win at least one group match during the tournament.

Probably going to be very tough for Canada to escape out of Group A with the Hosts, Tonga, France and Japan. They have improved a ton since 2007, so I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it close with everybody but New Zealand and to a lesser extent France.

Anyways Go Ireland!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I can feel an immature sig bet coming on. :hockeysmiley:

You'd think so, however, I've moved on from such a meaningless proposition.

Additionally, I hope the Eagles can win at least one group match during the tournament.

well, they'll definitely be in with a chance against russia and italy.

Probably going to be very tough for Canada to escape out of Group A with the Hosts, Tonga, France and Japan. They have improved a ton since 2007, so I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it close with everybody but New Zealand and to a lesser extent France.

Anyways Go Ireland!

2 wins should be the goal for Canada. Japan doesnt seem to be as strong as they were last World Cup when we drew them 12-12. Tonga is the sort of side Canada should compare themselves to, and I think with a strong showing we could come out victorious.

1zqy8ok.gif

Is it being broadcast in the US?

And go USA!

I think between NBC Universal Sports, Versus and NBC, they've got a good chunk of it covered.

EDIT: Oops, not Versus. Here's the schedule: http://www.rugbymag.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1656:nbc-announces-rwc-schedule&catid=82:2011-rugby-world-cup&Itemid=264

well, less than 24 hours to go! One of my friend's dad's won a competition and now he gets an all expenses paid trip to the final! Lucky bugger...

For anyone in Australia, Fox Sports 3 is the 24/7 dedicated channel, playing every game live as well as

24 hours to go! Who's excited?

For those in Australia, Fox Sports 3 will be a dedicated RWC channel for the tournament, playing every game live! Also for those without foxtel or austar, channel 9 is the free-to-air broadcaster.

Does anybody know where I can watch these games in Canada?

I'm fairly new to rugby and i'm really enjoy it. I assumed this would be a sportsnet thing, but they don't have anything on their website.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I'm fairly new to rugby and i'm really enjoy it. I assumed this would be a sportsnet thing, but they don't have anything on their website.

TSN2 are showing live games. TSN is showing Canada's games live and I also see a few tape-delayed games on schedule.

I saw, I came, I left.

TSN2 are showing live games. TSN is showing Canada's games live and I also see a few tape-delayed games on schedule.

Sweet.

Why I just assumed TSN wouldn't show these? I don't know.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

well, the competition's under way with New Zealand taking out an easy victory over Tonga 41-10. Tonga played pretty well, but the all black's were too good. Looking forward to tomorrow's offerings with Argentina v England being my game to watch

Archived