2011 Rugby World Cup

Luigi

Damn Canada hung around with France for the most of the game, and let it slip away in the last 10 minutes or so. Honestly I'm happy with the showing. Japan is up next, and a win means we're qualified for the next World Cup.

Yeah, just watched the game on the PVR. Just ran out of gas in the last 20 minutes. Certainly was closer than the scoreline indicated. A lack of discipline near the end of the first half cost them, too.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canada v France was great game, but it really show the difference between the top teams and that next tier of teams, which is the talent on the bench. France took over late once both teams had to start relying on the bench.

Hopefully the Canucks can beat Japan next, a two win tourney is great for them.

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

2 Fantastic games

1 Good Game and 1 pretty boring game sums up the quarter-finals.

Jamie Roberts (who was born in Newport, which is also where I was born) is having a fantastic world cup! It would be fantastic if Wales could make the final!

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

feeling gutted right now. Australia better win today!

They won't! :P

Winner takes on France in the Final. Loser faces Wales in the Third Place match.

Well, you were right! What an awful weekend it has been for me...

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

feeling gutted right now. Australia better win today!

Winner takes on France in the Final. Loser faces Wales in the Third Place match.

This makes up for 2003! :P

All kidding aside, No worries mate, as the Wallabies just didn't have that lethal mentality during the tourney. Also, this is New Zealand's Cup to lose, and now we have a rematch of the 2007 Quarters in the Final.

This makes up for 2003! :P

All kidding aside, No worries mate, as the Wallabies just didn't have that lethal mentality during the tourney. Also, this is New Zealand's Cup to lose, and now we have a rematch of the 2007 Quarters in the Final.

Erm you choose the rematch of a quarter final to bring up, when this is an exact rematch of the 1987 final, (incidentally the 3/4 playoff is also a repeat of the 1987 playoff) or even more memorably the 1999 semi final when France mounted an unlikely comeback to keep the All Blacks from the final?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The 2011 World Champions will be New Zealand... there is not fat chance for France winning it all.

The French lost two games, won some games with some luck and... they are playing in the final game?!

I'm rooting for les Bleus as always but I don't think they have any chance to beat the All Blacks.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived