Baseball Cap Stickers

nmsuaggie

I'm curious about what people here on the CCSLC think about one of my pet peeves. When you buy a new baseball cap (especially a new era fitted one) do you keep all the stickers on or take them off? I personally hate seeing kids looking like modern day Minnie Pearl with the stickers still on their caps. Let the debate roll!

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious about what people here on the CCSLC think about one of my pet peeves. When you buy a new baseball cap (especially a new era fitted one) do you keep all the stickers on or take them off? I personally hate seeing kids looking like modern day Minnie Pearl with the stickers still on their caps. Let the debate roll!

+1

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Couldn't agree more. Anyone who leaves the sticker on is either a braindead idiot, has Alzheimer's, is a complete sheep, or is some combination of the three.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

hat2h.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Another "hat foul" that pisses me off is when the colour is distorted. I'm tired of seeing neon green Jays caps and purple Braves hats. For some reason, most of them are Yankees caps. I'd love to do a poll and see how many people actually know what the logo is, and how many wear it because it's "the trend". I'd be willing to bet that at least 10% of them think that it's the brand logo.

^Bingo!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Another "hat fouls" that pisses me off is when the colour is distorted. I'm tired of seeing neon green Jays caps and purple Braves hats. for some reason, most of them are Yankees caps. I'd love to do a poll and see how many people actually know what the logo is, and how many wear it because it's "the trend". I'd be willing to bet that at least 10% of them think that it's the brand logo.

^Bingo!

I think in the last Eastbay catalog I got, there were 22 or so different colors of Yankee hats. It had them laid all out side by side and it was like letter A for black, B for brown, C for red, etc. I think it went all the way to something like V.

As for the topic, all my stickers are in place...in the garbage can. I wear the hat as a hat, not an advertisement for New Era and not an advertisement for my head size.

KISSwall09.jpg

I have no problem with people wearing teams hats of other colors, or even other team's hats. (I'm a Red Sox fan but I own and wear many other team's hats). But the sticker does not make any sense to me. Imagine if major leaguers still had the sticker on their hats..

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I don't mind distorted colors on hats. Or shirts for that matter. As long as it's recognizable like the Yankees, Red Sox, etc. I'm a sucker for neon colors and the like. But the sticker thing? Yeah, it's incredibly annoying. Whenever see somebody with one still on, I be a smartass about it and politely tell them they forget to remove the sticker after purchasing the hat. I have never understood that trend and I don't think I ever will.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I despise people that keep the stickers on the bill or even the hologram sticker that's under the bill. Not that I cringe whenever I see it, but it's definitely annoying. And I live in Georgia, which is filled with Braves fans, like myself. Sure, here and there, you'll see fans that go for different teams, but as of late, there has been an extreme influx of Cincinatti Reds fans, lol - and most appear to be between the ages of 15-21? If they got the idea from Lil' Wayne, it's obviously a trend. Same goes for the stickers. I guess they leave it on there to give the idea that they are "fresh". You know, stickers on the hat, standing for brand new, fresh, and etc.

Ridiculous to me, but I'm old fashioned, I guess. :therock:

I can't wait to see Johnny Seoul's answer to this. It's guaranteed to be a knee slapper.

Personally... I only leave 1 stick on my hats. On my official MLB hats, I keep the "Official MLB Merchandise" hologram sticker on the underside of the bill. On Minor League hats (which I have significantly more of), I only keep the "Minor League Baseball Genuine Merchandise" hologram sticker that is also on the underside of the bill. All this crap with leaving the tag on the hats is just moronic (waits for Johnny Seoul's brilliant response). Not taking the sticker off the top of the bill leads me to believe you aren't smart enough to remember the hat you bought or the size you bought it in.

As for non-team color hats... I guess I have nothing AGAINST them, but I'm not really for them. Personally I think its looks dumb having a purple, teal, and black Chief Wahoo Indians hat when the team colors are red, navy, and white. But again, I'm not against them, I just think it doesn't look good.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I can't wait to see Johnny Seoul's answer to this. It's guaranteed to be a knee slapper.

Personally... I only leave 1 stick on my hats. On my official MLB hats, I keep the "Official MLB Merchandise" hologram sticker on the underside of the bill. On Minor League hats (which I have significantly more of), I only keep the "Minor League Baseball Genuine Merchandise" hologram sticker that is also on the underside of the bill. All this crap with leaving the tag on the hats is just moronic (waits for Johnny Seoul's brilliant response). Not taking the sticker off the top of the bill leads me to believe you aren't smart enough to remember the hat you bought or the size you bought it in.

As for non-team color hats... I guess I have nothing AGAINST them, but I'm not really for them. Personally I think its looks dumb having a purple, teal, and black Chief Wahoo Indians hat when the team colors are red, navy, and white. But again, I'm not against them, I just think it doesn't look good.

i am exactly the same way

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Stickers and a flat brim makes people look like white trash. Might as well be wearing a wife beater and jorts down to your ankles.

People in the hip hop industry don't even keep them on anymore. It's refreshing, I just hope people notice that soon! I don't see jay-z or lil wayne keeping stickers on their caps?

I leave my stickers on my jeans so people know my waist and inseam. Also, it shows I'm crisp!

That's funny. I teach at a High School and I've seen kids keep the t-shirt size stickers from those over sized one colored shirts. Tack on the flat brimmed hats I swear they look like Alvin minus the other chipmunks.

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

When I ran the Springfield Cardinals team store, if I saw someone wearing a cap we sold in the store with stickers on it, I asked to see their receipt, even if I saw them walk in wearing it. It just doesn't make any since.

My thoughts on the matter have always been that leaving the stickers on makes it look like you stole it from a store, thereby making you look (and act) like a thug or gangster. It is the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Regarding the coloured hats, some are acceptable in my view. For example, this (if the pattern was instead solid) isn't too bad. But this is just atrocious.

I personally own a hat like this, except with the Jays' original logo. I don't mind it because a) It's one solid colour and b ) It's not too out of line (like rainbow).

The way I see it, putting a ridiculous mix of crazy colours on a hat looks dumb and disrespectful to the team. But if it's one solid colour that looks fine, then I like it. However, if the league and the team both allow it, then they see nothing wrong. If you like it, then fine. It's your hat, and it's officially licensed, so do wear whatever the hell you want. But that's just my two cents.

Back to the stickers, I agree that it's like keeping the sticker that comes with clothes. Now I'd sort of understand it it had the team logo/name, but who gives a :censored: about your head size, honestly

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived