Baseball Cap Stickers

nmsuaggie

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keeping the stickers on a flat brim hat makes it look like you stole the hat, ran out of the store really quickly, and didn't have time to curve the brim and take off the stickers.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Some of you need to get over hats in non team colors. Most of us who wear them dont care about the teams. sorry.

Then why would you buy the hat? Why not just buy a blank hat in the color you want?

Kinda my take on it. They make the teams hat for fan of the team or people who may just like that particular hat, in the appropriate colors. If you just want a hat with a logo of the city in different colors, then come up some generic city logo that's not the team's logo. It just always seems to me that it dilutes the teams identity when it comes in every color combination instead of just the team's colors.

I got a cheeseburger for lunch, but I'm not gonna take a bite of out it or even unwrap it. I want my meals lookin' fresh all the time. If I looked over at a half-eaten burger, I'd just buy a new one.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Some of you need to get over hats in non team colors. Most of us who wear them dont care about the teams. sorry.

Straight from the horses's ass... er I mean, mouth. Morons.

Abomination fits perfectly.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Why buy a hat if you don't care about the team? it makes no sense...

Like I said, I bet that the majority of those hat wearers couldn't name the team.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Then why would you buy the hat? Why not just buy a blank hat in the color you want?

Because its a blank hat?

Kinda my take on it. They make the teams hat for fan of the team or people who may just like that particular hat, in the appropriate colors. If you just want a hat with a logo of the city in different colors, then come up some generic city logo that's not the team's logo.

There's no reason to if one already exists.

Like I said, you really need to get over it. Crying about some colors on a hat makes you sound like a preteen girl. Your teams' seem to love pushing them anyway so I dont see whats to argue about.

For the non team color hat , I think they are only OK if the hat is in a unique color scheme that is rarely, or never used in sports. This is a very rare case ,because most color schemes that look good are used by at least one sports team.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

For the non team color hat , I think they are only OK if the hat is in a unique color scheme that is rarely, or never used in sports. This is a very rare case ,because most color schemes that look good are used by at least one sports team.

I don't like them in general. I have a tough time buying team apparel that isn't on-field/official supplier. But, I broke my mold and bought a maize & blue 59Fifty Boston hat this summer (in fairness, I did beat it up & curve the bill). Not quite sure why I did that, I don't wear it often. It just doesn't feel right.

2161_49.jpg

spikes.jpg

I don't like them in general. I have a tough time buying team apparel that isn't on-field/official supplier. But, I broke my mold and bought a maize & blue 59Fifty Boston hat this summer (in fairness, I did beat it up & curve the bill). Not quite sure why I did that, I don't wear it often. It just doesn't feel right.

2161_49.jpg

Ummm yeah, that's not a Red Sox hat. Almost 100% that that is this UCLA Hat.

-----

Anyway. My hat preferences. I don't curve the brim (it eventually naturally gains a slight curve when I wear it. I leave on the hologram sticker. Back in middle school/freshman year of high school I used to leave the top size sticker on because I went through my hip-hop dress phase. (I wore a lot of white t-shirts, I bought some really chinsy chains, and some really stupid fashion hats that I wore at an angle.) But that's over. And overall, the hat feels better for me the way I wear them. The full curve almost bugs me now.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't mind the all black baseball hats...(I own and wear an old-school jays logo one) or the fashion caps that are atleast some variation on a team's colour scheme, but the random different colour thing is stupid and pointless... Just as bad as some d-bag kid or chick wearing a Clash or Ramones T-shirt purely for fashion. To whoever is saying we should relax about it; its a message board dedicated to discussing such things - its not like I wanna go punch someone in the face if they have a yellow yankees hat on. I just think its dumb.

Stickers though? I do kinda want to punch those people... Earlier this summer, I had the good fortune to happen upon a passed-out-drunk kid at a party with the stickers still on his flat-brimmed baseball cap; I kindly removed them for him. My friends and I like to imagine he threw the hat in the trash when he woke up and went to the mall to buy a new one.

I don't mind the all black baseball hats...(I own and wear an old-school jays logo one) or the fashion caps that are atleast some variation on a team's colour scheme, but the random different colour thing is stupid and pointless... Just as bad as some d-bag kid or chick wearing a Clash or Ramones T-shirt purely for fashion. To whoever is saying we should relax about it; its a message board dedicated to discussing such things - its not like I wanna go punch someone in the face if they have a yellow yankees hat on. I just think its dumb.

Stickers though? I do kinda want to punch those people... Earlier this summer, I had the good fortune to happen upon a passed-out-drunk kid at a party with the stickers still on his flat-brimmed baseball cap; I kindly removed them for him. My friends and I like to imagine he threw the hat in the trash when he woke up and went to the mall to buy a new one.

Exactly.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I have caps from many different teams (in original colors) because I find some designs unique that I like to have a cap of them. I'm a historical nut, so I like to have throwback caps of the different teams

Go A's!

I have caps from many different teams (in original colors) because I find some designs unique that I like to have a cap of them. I'm a historical nut, so I like to have throwback caps of the different teams

That's different than buying them in strange colors.

Well I don't like half the teams whose hats I own. I just collect hats. But I only get hats that were worn on field at some point. Nothing like red for the Yankees or green for the blue jays or anything like that.

Manchester-City-icon.png

I leave the hologram on the underside of the bill but otherwise I take that :censored: off, it looks stupid.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

I leave the hologram on the underside of the bill but otherwise I take that :censored: off, it looks stupid.

I don't get this. You think "that :censored: looks stupid", yet you leave a sticker on anyway? Why?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived