Baseball Cap Stickers

nmsuaggie

I leave the hologram on the underside of the bill but otherwise I take that :censored: off, it looks stupid.

I don't get this. You think "that :censored: looks stupid", yet you leave a sticker on anyway? Why?

The hologram is because I like the hologram, not because I want anyone to know that I'm "so gangsta" that I could afford the hat.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first thing I do when I buy a cap is remove all the stickers. Then I crease the brim. Then I put it on.

I'm actually sad I can't bend the brim on my Stars and Stripes Indians cap. Looks stupid flat.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

The first thing I do when I buy a cap is remove all the stickers. Then I crease the brim. Then I put it on.

I'm actually sad I can't bend the brim on my Stars and Stripes Indians cap. Looks stupid flat.

Why can't you bend it?

I don't just want a curved brim, I like an actual fold, the way Mickey Mantle wore his cap.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I read a comment last February on Uni Watch where a person said "i bought a 59fifty cap at a mall last summer & as soon i purchased it i tore off the sticker at the counter (not thinking anything of it) the kid behind the counter?s look was if i had just murdered a puppy, ill never forget it."

Sadly, a whole generation is learning how not to wear their hats.

I wear my hats with a very slightly bent bill with no stickers on it. I don't see a problem with not bending the bill because I think an overly bent bill looks stupid in itself. As with taking stickers off, I'm not sure why people keep them on but I don't care, I don't do it and neither do my friends so it's a non issue.e

Now, as for buying a hat with the team colors wrong, I would never do it but I can see why someone would... I'm a White Sox fan, let's say I'm going out for the night in a nice new blue shirt that I bought, maybe I want to represent the White Sox while still color coordinating? Like I said I would never do it but I can see why someone would do it. Represent their city/team while trying to look good via color coordination.

For the non team color hat , I think they are only OK if the hat is in a unique color scheme that is rarely, or never used in sports. This is a very rare case ,because most color schemes that look good are used by at least one sports team.

I don't like them in general. I have a tough time buying team apparel that isn't on-field/official supplier. But, I broke my mold and bought a maize & blue 59Fifty Boston hat this summer (in fairness, I did beat it up & curve the bill). Not quite sure why I did that, I don't wear it often. It just doesn't feel right.

2161_49.jpg

Ummm yeah, that's not a Red Sox hat. Almost 100% that that is this UCLA Hat.

-----

Nope. It's a Red Sox hat. It has the MLB logo on the back, and they also come in Tigers, Yankees, Cubs and Mets.

http://www.moesportshops.com/products/tags/151/150/page:2

spikes.jpg

Now, as for buying a hat with the team colors wrong, I would never do it but I can see why someone would... I'm a White Sox fan, let's say I'm going out for the night in a nice new blue shirt that I bought, maybe I want to represent the White Sox while still color coordinating? Like I said I would never do it but I can see why someone would do it. Represent their city/team while trying to look good via color coordination.

Don't be so selfish. You should compromise for your team, not the other way around. You wanna wear blue? Then I guess you can't rep the White Sox that day. Or you can accept the clash. The team colors shouldn't change for your wardrobe. Let's say it's Labor Day, and you want to put the American flag in front of your home. But wait, your house is painted yellow! It clashes with the red, white and blue! You should find a US flag with different colors, right? NO. YOU make the sacrifice.

I leave the sticker on, slightly curved bill.

Why? Don't know, I've done it with all my hats - ever since I started wearing them in middle school. Then, it was just the stickers on the underside (didn't wear 5950s) but when I did get into 5950s, I left those on too.

I know I'm in the minority here, but it's just what I do.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Don't be so selfish. You should compromise for your team, not the other way around. You wanna wear blue? Then I guess you can't rep the White Sox that day. Or you can accept the clash. The team colors shouldn't change for your wardrobe. Let's say it's Labor Day, and you want to put the American flag in front of your home. But wait, your house is painted yellow! It clashes with the red, white and blue! You should find a US flag with different colors, right? NO. YOU make the sacrifice.

Well, like I said, I only wear my White Sox hat in standard black and white. I can just see where other people are coming from. I would never do it, you gotta see yourself in someone elses shoes as to why they would wear a hat that isn't team colors.

Well, like I said, I only wear my White Sox hat in standard black and white. I can just see where other people are coming from. I would never do it, you gotta see yourself in someone elses shoes as to why they would wear a hat that isn't team colors.

I'm no expert, but doesn't black and white go with... uhmm, like, EVERY COLOUR?!

I'm no expert, but doesn't black and white go with... uhmm, like, EVERY COLOUR?!

That's an affirmative

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

info-stickerremoval.png

Anyone who's on a site like this, is of course going to vote in favor of sticker removal. The sticker crowd is a whole 'nother species.

I dont think anyone would keep that sticker. As a matter of fact, I think keeping even just the circular sticker fell out years ago. So you guys end up winning that argument either way lol.

I need a laugh... where is Johnny Seowl's take on this?

That's no less than the third time you've tried to goad him in this thread.

Should I make it 4? Like I said... I need to laugh, so I'm waiting for his comment.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived