Baseball Cap Stickers

nmsuaggie

Everyone needs to stop worrying about other people. If you like it curved, wear it curved. If you like it flat, wear it flat. For those of you hating on people wearing it a certain way, who are you to say that they're wearing it "wrong" or they look stupid. I'm sure those people you're pointing fingers at are saying the same thing about how you wear you stuff. Just be your own person and do what you want.

How can you tell us to be our own person and do what we want, but say we should stop complaining in the same paragraph? People care about other people and what they do. Maybe cap stickers aren't the most important thing in the world, but being apathetic about other people's fashion is boring, especially on a message board.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't keep the sticker on it but I'm not particularly "annoyed" by people who don't remove it. I mean, it's just some sad sheeple following the trend. The sticker-on-cap thing will die out soon.

I'm not going voice my opinion over wearing/not wearing a sticker, but this is what gets me......why do you and others care? Why do people get "annoyed" and call someone a "douchebag" if the sticker is on? Who gives a #$%^? I could care less if someone has the sticker on or off. I'm not them, I'm myself. I only care how I dress.

People need to get over themselves and their holier-than-thou views of others.

Personally... I care not for myself, but for future generations. I get worried that 50 years, maybe even 100 years from now... hell, even thousands of years from now... civilizations are going to uncover our history, uncover our trends, our culture, our styles, see a New Era hat with the sticker left on and think, Wow, these people were so stupid, they didn't know that they are supposed to take the tags off their clothes. Either that, or they were a gang of vagabonds running around town stealing clothes from hard working people.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Personally... I care not for myself, but for future generations. I get worried that 50 years, maybe even 100 years from now... hell, even thousands of years from now... civilizations are going to uncover our history, uncover our trends, our culture, our styles, see a New Era hat with the sticker left on and think, Wow, these people were so stupid, they didn't know that they are supposed to take the tags off their clothes. Either that, or they were a gang of vagabonds running around town stealing clothes from hard working people.

A New Era hat with the sticker on is pretty low on my list of things I'd be embarrassed of if we were to die off and another civilization uncovered our culture.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

The only time I like hats that are recolored is when it is the same colors as another team in that city. For instance, a brown hat with an orange Chief Wahoo is fine with me, or a wine hat with a yellow Chief Wahoo works too. My friend has a Twins hat that is purple with a yellow TC on it, Vikings colors. Not a big fan of neon colored hats and colors that don't make sense or relate to the city/team, but if people want to wear them, that is them.

And as far as stickers go, I always take mine off.

T1oYViW.png

I'm worried that future generations will read your post and think you were considered a sane member of this community.

PEOPLE FROM 2511: ESTONES6 IS AN IDIOT! HUMANS OF THIS ERA ARE NOT ALL AS STUPID AS HE IS!

For everyone that is so adamant that a hat must be a team's colors... here are a few.

-A Celtics fans wants to buy a green red sox hat to wear with his jersey.

-A Chargers fan wants to get a powder blue and yellow padres hat to wear with his football jersey.

-A bulls fan wears a red and black cubs hat, etc

Do you have a problem with this?

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

For everyone that is so adamant that a hat must be a team's colors... here are a few.

-A Chargers fan wants to get a powder blue and yellow padres hat to wear with his football jersey.

Yes.

Teams and identities aren't supposed to be interchangeable. Changing colors for a purely fashion reason dilutes the brand.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm 22 years old and it seems that a majority of my peers leave EVERY :censored:ING STICKER on the brim of the caps, and it absolutely drives me crazy. I've actually gotten into semi-arguments with people over it, questioning why. To me all it does is advertise how big your head is. Some people say that they leave them on because sometimes the colors on the brim face and the difference in color is very noticeable. I explained when and why that happens, but to the person it didn't make any sense. An explanation that somebody gave me that made me shake my head even more was that "it's to keep them looking 'fresh,' like how people leave the tag on their timberlands that hang off one of the lace holes, or when people leave the tags on the inside of their shirt." I just looked at him like this: :blink: ...or maybe it was more like this: :wacko:

I understand why people leave the tag on their Timberlands, even though it's hard to explain it makes sense. But I sure as hell don't leave the tags on my clothes after I bring them home from the store, and I will NEVER leave the stickers on the brim of my hat, except for the silver hologram stickers on the underbrim. I do keep those on until they fall off. But I think my biggest pet peeve EVER is when I see the size stickers on the top of the brim. I just want to run around and rip them all off.

No. Baseball monograms are a succinct, unique, good-looking way to represent each city, and I don't have a problem with using the colorways of the other cities' teams.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't have a problem with it. I realize that a lot of people don't want to be restricted to just their favorite team's primary colors on the cap, especially when it doesn't match with half of their wardrobe. I don't usually do it though, I tend to stick to Authentic on field caps. But I do admit that I have a few different colored fashion caps of certain teams either to match a football or basketball jersey of a team from the same city. Or to match perfectly with some other article of clothing, but in that instance I usually only do it when I can't find an authentic or Cooperstown collection cap of another team. But for the most part I'd say 94% of the time I stick to authentic designs that are or were at one point worn on the field. If I want to mix things up and get an unusual color scheme or design I like to go through Minor League caps as well, given all the different and unusual designs and the fact that there's always a dozen or so new styles released every season.

Archived