2011 NFL Preview

NJTank

Wow...just wow Tank.

You were my idol. I looked up to you so much. But this changes everything.

Bears...6-10!?!?!?!?!?!?! That is simply unignorable. This makes picking the Mets to win the World Series, what 5 years in a row look like prophecy. The Bears are EASILY the best Super Bowl contenders. I cannot see this team winning less than 14 games. They are simply unbelieveable. They were one Touchdown from the Super Bowl last year, and with everyone having a year's more experienced, combined with awesome new players looking for redemption, I could see a perfect season out of them. BUT YOU HAVE THEM 6-10????? WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!

Sorry Tank, I'm taking Sports-Ecyclopedia off my homepage and ending my ten years of reading your content. Edit these picks to at least have the Bears in the Super Bowl and you'll have your Number One fan back.

Three biggest disgraces in sports this year:

3. Braves collapse

2. Red Sox collapse

1. Most Canucks fans actions this post-season

Since we're in this new era of no baiting, how is that sig allowed?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Simply put, the Jets are not AFC Championship Game material, much less Super Bowl Champs. No depth this year. 10-6 and 2nd round at best.

They are way better than the 9-7 team that made it to the Afc Championship Game and, I am very suprised that tank put us as superbowl champs.

Simply put, the Jets are not AFC Championship Game material, much less Super Bowl Champs. No depth this year. 10-6 and 2nd round at best.

They are way better than the 9-7 team that made it to the Afc Championship Game and, I am very suprised that tank put us as superbowl champs.

Yes they are, but they won't go as far.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Since we're in this new era of no baiting, how is that sig allowed?

Nah, let him keep it. His lack of using spell-check is quite amusing.

existance

This is the wrong way to spell "existence". There is no "a" in existence -- or in definitely, for that matter.

The same people who spell this wrong also can't seem to grasp the difference between "your" and "you're" or "their" and "they're", something the rest of us mastered in third grade.

"Your definately the most excellant guitarest in existance."

--a complete idiot

Maybe if you weren't functionally illiterate, you'd have a more "excellant" job.

I've thought about it Tank, and I can't stay mad at you. Don't get me wrong, I'm still shocked, but we can get work things out. You BETTER pick the Blackhawks to be in the Cup Finals though.

Three biggest disgraces in sports this year:

3. Braves collapse

2. Red Sox collapse

1. Most Canucks fans actions this post-season

I may as well try my hand at predicting the season:

NFC East: Philadelphia, Dallas*, NY Giants, Washington

NFC North: Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota

NFC South: Atlanta, New Orleans*, Tampa Bay, Carolina

NFC West: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, San Francisco

AFC East: New England, NY Jets*, Miami, Buffalo

AFC North: Baltimore, Pittsburgh*, Cleveland, Cincinnati

AFC South: Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Jacksonville

AFC West: Oakland, San Diego, Kansas City, Denver

Playoffs

Green Bay over Dallas

New Orleans over Arizona

Pittsburgh over Houston

NY Jets over Oakland

Philadelphia over New Orleans

Atlanta over Green Bay

New England over Pittsburgh

Baltimore over NY Jets

NFC: Atlanta over Philadelphia

AFC: Baltimore over New England

Super Bowl: Atlanta over Baltimore

Here is the thing about DAL. Defensively, they return 9 of 11 starters, but Rob Ryan is considered to be a lesser defensive coordinator than Wade Phillips is. Plus, look at Rob's stats, they are good in terms of yards, but the defense still allowed points at OAK and CLE in which his teams still lost. In addition, their OL has three new starters (two rookies and a 2nd year player).

Here is the thing about DAL. Defensively, they return 9 of 11 starters, but Rob Ryan is considered to be a lesser defensive coordinator than Wade Phillips is. Plus, look at Rob's stats, they are good in terms of yards, but the defense still allowed points at OAK and CLE in which his teams still lost. In addition, their OL has three new starters (two rookies and a 2nd year player).

In Ryan's defense, Oakland and Cleveland don't have the same caliber of defensive talent that Dallas does.

BB52Big.jpg

Here is the thing about DAL. Defensively, they return 9 of 11 starters, but Rob Ryan is considered to be a lesser defensivrob e coordinator than Wade Phillips is. Plus, look at Rob's stats, they are good in terms of yards, but the defense still allowed points at OAK and CLE in which his teams still lost. In addition, their OL has three new starters (two rookies and a 2nd year player).

In Ryan's defense, Oakland and Cleveland don't have the same caliber of defensive talent that Dallas does.

In Ryan's five seasons in OAK, they did not have a good offense. So the team defense numbers are skewed.

Case in point:

OAK loses the toss and the opponent drives to score a FG. OAK's first possession is a 3&Out. The opponent gets the ball in good field position and gets a TD. If they can do that again, the opponent can have a 14 point lead and then possess the ball in more ways which controls the field more than OAK could ever did.

That was the OAK defensive era under Rob Ryan. Little yardage given up; lots of points given up.

Blame Lane Kiffin, his scheme and 76 yard FG attempt. I was at that game and the fact they were ahead was amazing.

Outside of Abe Elam, the unit is essentially the same unit which was 31st in the league and is now a year older. The secondary is injures and therefore really cannot confuse the QB since they really do not know they system well. The lack of OTAs will (obviously) have more impact on every new coach, new OC and DC more than we have seen during the pre-season. It is harder for a coach to make adjustments when players may not know that there were asked to do in the first place. Patience is needed for every team with a new coach or coordinator, but in some cases, that is not what they (or management) will see.

Archived