THOSE MARYLAND UNIFORMS

dbackdiehard17

But these cases are also bad, but less drastic. I was just talking about Oregon, but I'd like to see something as over-the-top as this from Nike.

You do see something as over-the-top as this every week Nikegon plays.

Actually, I disagree. Not everything Oregon wears is absolutely terrible.

wk10_2010.jpg

GOOD

wk6_2010.jpg

BAD

wk2_2010.jpg

GOOD

wk12_2010.jpg

BAD

Noticing a pattern? Oregon looks just fine when they stick to school colors. When they throw out their school colors, they look terrible.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's you opinion, but I think the majority would agree that these are far more "crazy" than what Oregon currently wears. I'm not saying Oregon has never worn anything this crazy, but in general, colors aside, they have been pretty conservative with their designs. Most of their new uniforms have just been recolors of their recent set.

you can't call their uniforms "conservative" just because only the colors have changed over the past two seasons. They are still ostentatious and the farthest thing from "conservative" uniform design that side of the Mississippi.

I think you posted the wrong image on the last one and the black, white, black one, at least in respect to school colors. It seems that you only like their away uniforms. Any home unis you think are dine?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Listen, these are my ducks concepts (Regular Home, Road; White Pants Home, Road; White and Green Home, Road; Green Helmet Alt; Yellow Alt), I don't mind the over-the-top every once and a while, I just don't want everyone (or any of my teams) going that route, it defeats the purpose.

I've said it before, Oregon balances out Penn State, but they're still over-the-top.

But these cases are also bad, but less drastic. I was just talking about Oregon, but I'd like to see something as over-the-top as this from Nike.

Care to post some of these uniforms that are as over-the-top as you say? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just curious as to which uniforms specifically you find more over-the-top as these particular Maryland jerseys. Saying 'every week' is a stretch, and looking at these with any form of objectivity should yield that statement as over-exaggeration.

While I don't like everything Oregon puts on the field, I think it's impossible to come up with terrible jerseys for every single game. I think you're bound to find one you like if you remove any sort of bias against the club.

For example, I particularly like these:

lamichael-james-opxu-4444.jpg

Oregon-Ducks-Football1.jpg

And I'm wondering how these are as 'over-the-top' as these Maryland jerseys.

FWIW, Oregon only really looks good in these uniforms:

Darron%20Thomas.jpgDarron+Thomas+Oregon+v+California+WHVKh_VGqtWl.jpg

The non-school color ones are okay for the most part, but just don't look as good as the normal green-and-yellows. They have a fine regular color scheme, there's no need to get away from it. That being said, take the shoulder wings and put them on the Kellen Clemens-era uniforms, and you'd have the perfect sets for Oregon.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Care to post some of these uniforms that are as over-the-top as you say? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just curious as to which uniforms specifically you find more over-the-top as these particular Maryland jerseys. Saying 'every week' is a stretch, and looking at these with any form of objectivity should yield that statement as over-exaggeration.

While I don't like everything Oregon puts on the field, I think it's impossible to come up with terrible jerseys for every single game. I think you're bound to find one you like if you remove any sort of bias against the club.

And I'm wondering how these are as 'over-the-top' as these Maryland jerseys.

over-the-top doesn't mean OH :censored: THESE ARE THE WORST EVER AHHHHHHHH! They're just over-the-top. On a scale of one to 10 (one being under the top completely and 10 being way over-the-top), Oregon's unis are a 10.

Granted, Maryland probably took it to 11 but Oregon is still pretty damn over-the-top and they do it EVERY WEEK, not just a one-off.

I think you posted the wrong image on the last one and the black, white, black one, at least in respect to school colors. It seems that you only like their away uniforms. Any home unis you think are dine?

Anything that doesn't involve the black or silver helmets, black jersey and black or silver pants.

This is how I described my Oregon concepts on my site:

Listen, everyone needs an Oregon. For every Alabama, there has to be an Oregon. I did limit the Ducks, however. My rule: You can only wear green, white or yellow. Even with those restrictions, I gave them three helmets, five jerseys and three pairs of pants. That's 45 possible combinations. I narrowed that down to the combos I think look best. I actually like the Oregon Wings and the design of the current jerseys and helmets don't bother me, what does bother me is all the out of scheme colors. I faux-back to the days of yellow helmets and pants and Kelly green jerseys with the modern accoutrements.

This is how I described my Oregon concepts on my site:

Listen, everyone needs an Oregon. For every Alabama, there has to be an Oregon. I did limit the Ducks, however. My rule: You can only wear green, white or yellow. Even with those restrictions, I gave them three helmets, five jerseys and three pairs of pants. That's 45 possible combinations. I narrowed that down to the combos I think look best. I actually like the Oregon Wings and the design of the current jerseys and helmets don't bother me, what does bother me is all the out of scheme colors. I faux-back to the days of yellow helmets and pants and Kelly green jerseys with the modern accoutrements.

Even I accept that as an unfortunate truth. That's why my CPL team, which wears Nike, has nine different kits to choose from, including red and yellow (the team's colors) along with blue and black, among others. I have a problem with real teams using Nike craziness but since my CPL team is entirely fictional I don't see going Nike crazy as hypocritical, and it's not like I mix and match. The jersey and shorts are always the same color, save for the throwback, which is a special case.

Anything that doesn't involve the black or silver helmets, black jersey and black or silver pants.

But on the picture of helmets you liked, you put uniforms with the black and carbon helmets. I'm confused here.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

So... once again... a thread has been hijacked to Oregon.

Thanks, Kev.

This one can't be blamed entirely on me.

But on the picture of helmets you liked, you put uniforms with the black and carbon helmets. I'm confused here.

No. Notice that those two say "BAD" underneath them. I gave two examples that I think were good and two that I think were bad. I'm not entirely sure why I only put away uniforms. That was unintentional.

So... once again... a thread has been hijacked to Oregon.

Thanks, Kev.

This one can't be blamed entirely on me.

EVERY DAMN TIME!

Did UnderArmour rip off the Maryland helmet concept from a Baltimore roller derby club?

As pointed out by the Baltimore Sun, there are striking similarities between the helmets worn by the Terrapins last night and the helmets worn by… wait for it… the Charm City Roller Girls’ All-Stars team. According to the team’s captain Hillary Rosensteel — whose roller nickname is “Rosie the Rioter”, incidentally — the helmets are “not identical, but they’re shockingly similar.”

MD_helmets.jpg

CCSLC signature.png

I've never seen Oregon use clashing left/right shoulder designs.

Yeah, but it's something Nike's done with other teams.

u_leak_412.jpg

Meriweather-lg.jpg

Apparently they wanted to do it with Oregon but (shockingly enough) it was vetoed.

2006_concept_sketches.jpg

I will agree with you that these are horrible designs.

spacer.png

Did UnderArmour rip off the Maryland helmet concept from a Baltimore roller derby club?

As pointed out by the Baltimore Sun, there are striking similarities between the helmets worn by the Terrapins last night and the helmets worn by? wait for it? the Charm City Roller Girls? All-Stars team. According to the team?s captain Hillary Rosensteel ? whose roller nickname is ?Rosie the Rioter?, incidentally ? the helmets are ?not identical, but they?re shockingly similar.?

This is most likely a case of 'convergent evolution', two different groups come to the same conclusion independently of one another for the same reasons.

As pointed out by the Baltimore Sun, there are striking similarities between the helmets worn by the Terrapins last night and the helmets worn by? wait for it? the Charm City Roller Girls? All-Stars team. According to the team?s captain Hillary Rosensteel ? whose roller nickname is ?Rosie the Rioter?, incidentally ? the helmets are ?not identical, but they?re shockingly similar.?

MD_helmets.jpg

I would have preferred the roller blade design on the Maryland helmet. It would have been more symmetrical.

spacer.png

Archived