THOSE MARYLAND UNIFORMS

dbackdiehard17

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2006_concept_sketches.jpg

I will agree with you that these are horrible designs.

Even worse than the designs is the cartoonish template they're using to illustrate them. Horrid.

Yeah, they look more like three of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles than Oregon football players.

FWIW, Oregon only really looks good in these uniforms:

Darron%20Thomas.jpgDarron+Thomas+Oregon+v+California+WHVKh_VGqtWl.jpg

The non-school color ones are okay for the most part, but just don't look as good as the normal green-and-yellows. They have a fine regular color scheme, there's no need to get away from it. That being said, take the shoulder wings and put them on the Kellen Clemens-era uniforms, and you'd have the perfect sets for Oregon.

Agreed, both of those combos are fantastic. I do wish the Ducks would roll out a yellow helmet again - that on both of those sets would make them perfect. But, as they are, those are really what Oregon should be wearing. Flat out, when Oregon is in green and yellow, they're one of the best looking teams in the land.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses/loved the Clemens-era set. It seemed as though I was...it's my humble opinion that that's the best they've looked in the past decade. It stuck to purely school colors, was modern and fit the "Oregon style", yet was an appealing modern look that wasn't gimmicky. I LOVED that set. It's the only set I feel they ever got right during the "modern Oregon era".

2006_concept_sketches.jpg

I will agree with you that these are horrible designs.

Even worse than the designs is the cartoonish template they're using to illustrate them. Horrid.

Not only will the new NIKE SUPER ULTRA PRO COMBAT uniforms be lighter and faster, but they'll get you ABSOLUTELY F@#KING RIPPED!!!! SIX PACK ABBS TO THE MAXX!!! Order now!

Did UnderArmour rip off the Maryland helmet concept from a Baltimore roller derby club?

As pointed out by the Baltimore Sun, there are striking similarities between the helmets worn by the Terrapins last night and the helmets worn by? wait for it? the Charm City Roller Girls? All-Stars team. According to the team?s captain Hillary Rosensteel ? whose roller nickname is ?Rosie the Rioter?, incidentally ? the helmets are ?not identical, but they?re shockingly similar.?

MD_helmets.jpg

Those roller derby helmets are odd. On some of the helmets, the Crossland pattern is perpendicular to the helmet; on others, the Crossland pattern is skewed on a 45 degree angle.

I'm normally not a fan of most of Oregon's uni combos but I gotta say that I think this looks really good.

Oregon-Ducks-Football1.jpg

What that has to do with Maryland's "uniforms" last night is anyone's guess. I just figured that since we're talking Oregon, I'd throw in my two cents. :D

That's my favorite Oregon combination out of them all. I love the way the gray looks with the green and yellow with all of the elements intergrated with each other. It's a really cohesive, balanced look. And it uses their colors.

That's my favorite Oregon combination out of them all. I love the way the gray looks with the green and yellow with all of the elements intergrated with each other. It's a really cohesive, balanced look. And it uses their colors.

See, that's where I have a problem. The jersey is ok. I'm willing to tolerate silver wings and a black outline on the numbers since those are just secondary parts of the uniform, but having a silver helmet and pants is just too jarring for me. It looks wrong. Give them the green helmet and white pants, or the other way around, or put something yellow in there.

Yup. That's what I like about it too. It's modern without being ridiculous and it just looks "tough" for lack of a better term. I wonder if we'll ever see that combo again?

Nope, these two combos are their best

wk4_dickson.jpg

wk13_ducks.jpg

Okay, now those were sweet. I remember seeing the civil war ones for the first time and saying "WOW!" at the very sight of Oregon donning throwback tops. Gosh, that was great.

One set I hope Oregon throws back to, personally? The 1995 Rose Bowl unis. Yep, Donald Duck and all. And right after that, I'd love the Clemens-era ones.

Oh, and that top concept of the two above ^^^^...that wins the day. Yellow-green-yellow is a combo I'm dying to see the Ducks roll out again.

Yup. That's what I like about it too. It's modern without being ridiculous and it just looks "tough" for lack of a better term. I wonder if we'll ever see that combo again?

You know what it reminds me of?

henry-rodriguez-kurt-suzuki-2010-8-25-22-11-8.jpg

Maybe it's just that I like how green, yellow, and gray look together. The Yellow O on the helmet connects with the yellow numbers. The gray wings tie in the gray pants and helmet, which look very striking with the green jersey. It just looks balanced and sharp to me.

And to answer your question, no, I doubt we see it again. They seem to be moving further and further away from using green and yellow.

They seem to be moving further and further away from using green and yellow.

Which is completely ridiculous. As has been repeatedly stated before, not having an identity is not an identity in itself.

I'm about as "old school" and "traditional" as it gets around here, and even I think those uniforms are boring. No offense.

I love the color combo, how do these float your boat?

Ducks_NPCwH_H_1.jpgDucks_NPCwH_H_2.jpg

Sorry, just not feeling it. I think it's the yellow helmets that just don't work for me. Not for nothing but, the O on the helmets looks off.

"The Charm City Roller Girls called. They want their helmet design back."

Anyhoo, I thought the Terps "Maryland State flag" uniforms were the ugliest uniforms to ever see a college football field.

I'm about as "old school" and "traditional" as it gets around here, and even I think those uniforms are boring. No offense.

I love the color combo, how do these float your boat?

Ducks_NPCwH_H_1.jpgDucks_NPCwH_H_2.jpg

Sorry, just not feeling it. I think it's the yellow helmets that just don't work for me. Not for nothing but, the O on the helmets looks off.

A matte Yellow helmet with a black O and facemask, along with their either their black/yellow pants/jerseys would be great, but the yellow helmet with the green O doesn't work. I dig the yellow wings however.

They seem to be moving further and further away from using green and yellow.

Which is completely ridiculous. As has been repeatedly stated before, not having an identity is not an identity in itself.

Identity: the fact of being who or what a person or thing is. Can you really say that Oregon's uniforms don't fit that definition? Their "identity" (what they are) is using a gazillion different uniforms. I wear different clothes every day. Does that mean I don't have an identity? If you ask anyone who follows college football even a little bit which team is known for wearing a gazillion different crazy uniforms, they'll all say Oregon. That, young Wildcat, is an identity in my book.

I got a clever joke for the Terps in reference to those "Maryland flag" uniforms:

"The Charm City Roller Girls called. They want their helmets back."

That's not bad. Clever? Well, it's probably not the best idea to declare yourself clever. Still, not bad. :D

Archived