THOSE MARYLAND UNIFORMS

dbackdiehard17

Am I the only one wondering what in the world is going on with Spleenator's avatar?

It's a My Little Pony Friendship is Magic reference. She say "A ROCK?" because her horn dragged her to... you know what, just watch the show. If you haven't seen it you won't get it.

And you watch this show because.....

It' awesome. I'm a brony and proud of it. I could explain it better, but I don't think you'd be interested.

Wow...uh, well....please tell me your real name doesn't come up on this site:

My link

:o

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one wondering what in the world is going on with Spleenator's avatar?

It's a My Little Pony Friendship is Magic reference. She say "A ROCK?" because her horn dragged her to... you know what, just watch the show. If you haven't seen it you won't get it.

It' awesome. I'm a brony and proud of it. I could explain it better, but I don't think you'd be interested.

My link

That is priceless Johnny! I am still laughing from visiting that site.

spacer.png

My link

Hahaha, nope. Good one though :P .

Just watch it and give it a chance. I once was confused about it too. (If anything, just watch episode 9).

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I think it's possible that the graphics were kept consistent from helmet to jersey (unlike the actual flag) to make it easier for the QB to spot receivers. A QB glancing up quickly downfield will easily know the inside/outside shoulders of the receiver, instead of having to decide if it was the helmet or jersey he saw first.

Good point. Though, from a purely aesthetic standpoint, I'd love to see the shoulder-yoke swap. And, again, I think these uniforms represented an outstanding look for Maryland football.

My link

Just watch it and give it a chance. I once was confused about it too. (If anything, just watch episode 9).

*sigh*....I have 2 daughters and the one that is 8 even says she's too old for that show. The target demographic is young girls...DUDE...you're a grown man. I'm not trying to be a ****, but that isn't healthy or normal. I wasn't joking about that link, I'm deeply concerned and 100% serious.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

My link

*sigh*....I have 2 daughters and the one that is 8 even says she's too old for that show. The target demographic is young girls...DUDE...you're a grown man. I'm not trying to be a ****, but that isn't healthy or normal. I wasn't joking about that link, I'm deeply concerned and 100% serious.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/06/bronies-my-little-ponys/

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

My link

I am gonna jump on Johnny bandwagon on this topic. That dude in the video looks creepy as heck and I would not want my daughter around him.

spacer.png

My link

I am gonna jump on Johnny bandwagon on this topic. That dude in the video looks creepy as heck and I would not want my daughter around him.

I'll agree with you on the creepy part, but read the entire article.

My link

i would take Laren Foust on a romantic date and treat her with respect

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This is now the most random uniform thread ever

Thread "wandering" is a CCSLC tradition. Things will occasionally go off course for a while but it's usually not permanent. This one will find it's way back on course. Speaking of which...

I'm guessing that the reaction to the uniforms has far exceeded anything Under Armour and Maryland could have hoped for. Both my girlfriend and my doctor asked me about them yesterday. Two people who are not big sports fans know about the uniforms. That's a marketing home run if you ask me.

BB52Big.jpg

Trying to re-rail the train here.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/09/maryland-footballs-ugly-new-look-eerily-similar-to-charm-city-roller-girls-all-stars-roller-derby-te.html

Too close? Or does it matter because it's the flag of Maryland?

Maryland would have looked better if the flag was separated into 4 parts like the roller derby team. I liked the helmet how it was, but it would have been much better if they changed the design. However, the uniforms were so bad, I don't think there is nothing they could have done to that design to make them better.

spacer.png

Trying to re-rail the train here.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/09/maryland-footballs-ugly-new-look-eerily-similar-to-charm-city-roller-girls-all-stars-roller-derby-te.html

Too close? Or does it matter because it's the flag of Maryland?

Other than the helmets, I don't see anything that's "eerily similar." Maybe they should have went with "Maryland Football's New Helmet Is Eerily Similar to Charm City Roller Girls All-Stars Roller Derby Team's Helmet."

BB52Big.jpg

My link

i would take Laren Foust on a romantic date and treat her with respect

I would love and tolerate the :censored: out of her.

Archived