THOSE MARYLAND UNIFORMS

dbackdiehard17

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking Any Given Sunday myself.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

College football needs to stop the insanity on all of these wild and wacky uniforms, even if the uniforms they wear is a one-time thing.

Agreed. The NCAA needs to lay down some ground rules, first of which is eliminating the use of non-school colored uniforms.

The NCAA shouldn't say anything about this.

If the students and the donors don't like something, they'll vote with their feet (and their wallets).

Some teams are about tradition, others aren't. That's fine.

OT, but Miami's orange looks like the color of watermelon on TV.

oakqb4.jpg

College football needs to stop the insanity on all of these wild and wacky uniforms, even if the uniforms they wear is a one-time thing.

Agreed. The NCAA needs to lay down some ground rules, first of which is eliminating the use of non-school colored uniforms.

As long as their is a chance to make money, the NCAA is not going to change a thing. Just like converting from the BCS to a playoff. Money talks!

spacer.png

The NCAA shouldn't say anything about this.

Yes, they should. If the NCAA doesn't draw a line then no one will and Phil Knight and Kevin Plank will continue to run roughshod.

School colors/non-school colors don't bother me as long as it looks nice. Its when a school pulls of a monstrosity like Maryland is doing tonight that I have a problem with. I'd love to see the Buckeyes show up in Ann Arbor wearing a blue/maze version of their OSU uni's and lay the smack down on the Wolverines....insult to injury, love it.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

School colors/non-school colors don't bother me as long as it looks nice. Its when a school pulls of a monstrosity like Maryland is doing tonight that I have a problem with. I'd love to see the Buckeyes show up in Ann Arbor wearing a blue/maze version of their OSU uni's and lay the smack down on the Wolverines....insult to injury, love it.

The problem is that there is yet to be a uniform lacking in school colors that looks good. I mean, why bother even choosing official colors if you're going to ignore them? Tradition exists for a reason.

I was thinking Any Given Sunday myself.

So was I.

I'll say this, though: just when you thought nobody could out-Nike Nike, UA went and did just that. And that's not a good thing, either.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The problem is that there is yet to be a uniform lacking in school colors that looks good. I mean, why bother even choosing official colors if you're going to ignore them? Tradition exists for a reason.

But that is just in your opinion. Everyone I've talked to that isn't on this site said they loved Oregon's uniforms Saturday. I really liked them. I read members' posts talking about how they liked the uniforms. Just because you have a problem with teams' control on tradition doesn't mean the whole nation feels the same.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Maryland's uniforms, even tonight's, crazy as they may be, have one leg up on Oregon. At least Kevin Plank and his UA cohorts still know what the term "school colors" means.

If this isn't considered "baiting" I don't know what is. Kevin, we understand that you don't like Oregon's liberal usage of non-school colors. A lot of other people on this board don't too, including me. But the rest of us don't feel the need to bring it up in every college football-related thread in an attempt to start an argument.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You have to at least admit the flag helmets are really cool. Use those full-time. It's not like they're USC or Notre Dame or Michigan. Could go on to be a classic.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

But that is just in your opinion. Everyone I've talked to that isn't on this site said they loved Oregon's uniforms Saturday. I really liked them. I read members' posts talking about how they liked the uniforms. Just because you have a problem with teams' control on tradition doesn't mean the whole nation feels the same.

Do you see me claiming that my opinion is anything more than just an opinion? I have a right to express my opinion and I have just as much a right to claim that others' opinions are wrong, and others have the right to say the same to me.

A clownsuit is a clownsuit, and both Oregon and Maryland are guilty of wearing them.

You have to at least admit the flag helmets are really cool. Use those full-time. It's not like they're USC or Notre Dame or Michigan. Could go on to be a classic.

Agreed. I love when schools use a unique helmet design that reflects the mascot, uses the logo creatively, and/or says something about the region.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Those helmets and the Turtle Shell helmets are the best in their new collection. I would rather see them wear those compared to those matte black logo-less helmets.

spacer.png

Archived