Large patterns/graphics on football jerseys?

keynote

I posted this in the College Football Uniform thread:

In general, we're not used to seeing such *large* patterns or design elements on football unis. I guess Oregon's shoulder wings would qualify. But most other designs are confined to panels of solid color with stripes, piping, etc.

So, I'll pose this question to the forum: can you think of other examples of large patterns/graphics on football jerseys (pro/college)? In my mind, here's my initial list:

- LA/St Louis Rams' ram horns on the sleeve

- San Diego Chargers' bolts

- U. Oregon's wings

- U. Maryland's flag jerseys

Any others? I'm not just talking about stripes/piping, or even the use of a logo, but a fairly prominent pattern or graphic.

The old Giants' jersey that was red with a blue and white stripe across the chest comes to mind. One of the best football jerseys of all time. Also the jersey the Redskins used to wear that featured a native head in profile on the chest instead of a number. Both were from the early 1930s.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It seems as if there were a number of prominent, bold graphics on jerseys back in the day (seeing as many of the images posted are old images and/or throwbacks). Perhaps we're starting to see a resurgence at the college level.

Also, taken from the College Football thread, Hawaii has a new UA jersey with a graphic in the shoulder panels:

HawaiivsColorado.jpg

the 90s Patriots...some see a debacle. I saw one of the best uniforms in NFL history. All I'd have changed would be to use the 93 pants instead of the Redskins recolors.

95 Argos

CFL_Jersey_TOR1995.png

Late 90s Argos

Doug%20Flutie%20Argos%208%20X%2010.jpg

original Barnstormers

afl_a_warner_barnstormers_200.jpg

and if we're counting the AZ flag from the old Cards whites (probably shouldn't, but whatever...counting the late 80s-early 90s version would be a stretch, and that wouldn't fit on anything without a Titans-like yoke today, there's no way I would've counted the post-98 version posted here), then here go a couple Arena oldies, the AZ Rattlers and SJ Sabercats' unique takes on Northwestern stripes

ab2002_06.jpg

and of course...

Deion-white-Double_1.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

What the hell is that Michigan jersey above? Is that real?

Watch the Michigan/Notre Dame game this Saturday night and you'll see this match-up:

adidas-football-2011-college-retro-jerseys-michigan-notre-dame-under-the-lights-uniform.jpg

these are freakin gorgeous!

I cannot wait to see them in action. I'm a bit skeptical about the shamrock on the helmet. I would have opted to leave it off, but I'm sure I'll end up liking it once I see it on the field. Its just odd to see something on their helmet other than pure gold.

Archived