New Winnipeg Jets Jerseys

nash61

If they add red, they'd have the NHL equivalent of the previous Buffalo Bills uniforms. That's not exactly something to be aiming for.

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if I'm alone on this, but I really don't like it when colour is solid from the shoulders down the whole arm (others like Florida and Boston's pre-Edge jerseys are like that). I prefer shoulder yokes, or none at all (like the Leafs and Wings do). Not in love with them, but it sure beats Atlanta's abomination. Whatever, most new teams have poor jerseys at first, so this isn't actually that bad in retrospect.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Columbus%20Blue%20Jackets%2050%20Antoine%20Vermette%20Blue%20New%20Third%20Jersey.jpg

That's the first I've seen of that one... a beautiful front, completely ruined by the :censored:ty fonts for the name and number. How sad.

Yeah I don't know what's up with that.

A simple block would work there....

Mmmmm, no, you gotta be kidding, this is not a real jersey?

Columbus%20Blue%20Jackets%2050%20Antoine%20Vermette%20Blue%20New%20Third%20Jersey.jpg

That's the first I've seen of that one... a beautiful front, completely ruined by the :censored:ty fonts for the name and number. How sad.

Yeah I don't know what's up with that.

A simple block would work there....

Mmmmm, no, you gotta be kidding, this is not a real jersey?

Where have you guys been?

26.png

It's the alternate that was unveiled last November and to be fair to the number font, it does not look as bad in person as it does in that mockup up there.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Gonna go in with IC and King. I like the road jerseys a lot more than the homes, and it's BECAUSE of the arm stripes cutting across the vertical. It's the one part of the set that breaks from "tradition," and I think it's a better jersey because of it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Also, this is kinda neat: http://illegalcurve.com/2011/09/06/reactions-to-the-winnipeg-jets-jersey-with-reebok-designer-dominique-fillion/

Illegal Curve: Were there other prototypes that got rejected?

Dominique Fillion: For this one we didn?t have time to do that, it was really focused, we had one prototype to make, when we sent the design to the factory, we knew there wasn?t going to be any modification at that stage, we were extremely focused throughout the process.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I have to reserve full judgement until I see it in action, but the jerseys look exactly average to me. Nothing I love, nothing I hate. My first thought was instantly of the Columbus third but since that's an alternate and not an "all the time" look I can look past the first glance similarities. I too like the white one better.

I really like the number font, but other than that these jerseys are just okay. I would have liked to have seen some red in the jerseys, even if it was just a little trim. Also the double stripe on the sleeves would have worked better as a waist stripe than what they went with,and the yolk on the road jersey is unnecessary.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

Yeah, the double-blue is a fad-following fail. In two or three years, these jerseys will already look outdated because of the light blue.

Just like the Toronto Argonauts. :rolleyes:

Just you wait. They'll realize their century year old mistake soon enough :P

Really wish they hadn't gone navy monochrome at home, it's just a dull look IMO. I dislike monochrome in hockey for the most part, but if it's at least a primary color like royal or red it's not as bad.

I really dislike the horizontal stripes crossing the vertical sleeve trim. It bothers me when horizontal and vertical are mixed at all (e.g. Florida Panthers) but this is probably a little worse.

It's certainly not a bad uniform by any means, it's just that it looks more (for lack of a better descriptor) corporate than athletic, probably due to the nature of the logos, the colors, and more specifically how the colors are used. The league as a whole will look better having this set in it over the set it replaces (slowly they're getting rid of the really bad sets) but there's nothing particularly remarkable about it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Had they included red there would be endless complaints about them either 1) being another red, white, and blue team, 2) looking to much like the Blue Jackets, or 3) both 1 & 2. Personally I like the direction they went in. When I heard they were going with a RCAF theme I was indeed worried about another red, white, and blue team. By restricting the blue to the leaves, though, they were able to circumnavigate that problem. They're able to use the red, white, and blue RCAF roundel as the basis of the logo, not go with the cliched red, white, and blue colour scheme, and mimic the colour scheme of the RCAF's dress uniforms.

I've been thinking of ways to improve the blue home design, and nothing I could think of would be much of an improvement. This will just be one of those sets where one sweater is just superior to the other. That's the case with Detroit, Toronto, and Montreal's sets, and those are some of the league's most beloved identities.

Archived