New Winnipeg Jets Jerseys

nash61

Had they included red there would be endless complaints about them either 1) being another red, white, and blue team, 2) looking to much like the Blue Jackets, or 3) both 1 & 2. Personally I like the direction they went in. When I heard they were going with a RCAF theme I was indeed worried about another red, white, and blue team. By restricting the blue to the leaves, though, they were able to circumnavigate that problem. They're able to use the red, white, and blue RCAF roundel as the basis of the logo, not go with the cliched red, white, and blue colour scheme, and mimic the colour scheme of the RCAF's dress uniforms.

I've been thinking of ways to improve the blue home design, and nothing I could think of would be much of an improvement. This will just be one of those sets where one sweater is just superior to the other. That's the case with Detroit, Toronto, and Montreal's sets, and those are some of the league's most beloved identities.

The white jersey would be improved IMO by simply relegating the navy to a shoulder yoke rather than full sleeve trim.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had they included red there would be endless complaints about them either 1) being another red, white, and blue team, 2) looking to much like the Blue Jackets, or 3) both 1 & 2.

I complained that they look too much like the Blue Jackets' alternate because there are two blues and no red. Guess there was no way around it. Still, better than the '96 Jets and better than the Thrashers.

Does anyone else agree with me that the static nature of the crest totally clashes with the "dynamic" italic numerals?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Me too. That they were incorporated in the website background gave me hope.

The NOB lettering looks suspiciously like the Blue Jackets', now that I look closer. Same wonky A and D and stuff, just not as busy with the serifs.

Does anyone else agree with me that the static nature of the crest totally clashes with the "dynamic" italic numerals?

I thought it was an out-there choice, and now that you bring it up, it is hard to not notice it. A simple, single colour stencil font would have been very nice.

I'm surprised there is so much dislike for the new uniforms. I love it! I love the two-tone of blue, the double striping reminds me of the original Dallas Stars uniforms during the mid-'90s, and its not overdone like so many other uniforms in the NHL. Sure, it could use some tiny elements of red, but it looks fine as is. Nicely done Jets!

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I actually like the sleeve stripes. They are new for current generation jerseys and they do add a vague military feel to the uniforms.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Columbus%20Blue%20Jackets%2050%20Antoine%20Vermette%20Blue%20New%20Third%20Jersey.jpg

That's the first I've seen of that one... a beautiful front, completely ruined by the :censored:ty fonts for the name and number. How sad.

That pic is 100% FAKE. It's from a china website called nfljerseyswhole.com. *FMH* C'mon people.

The font is close, but not exact. The zeros don't look like that...they are slightly thinner.

This one is from the official NFL Shop.

p8313118p275w.jpg

NHLShopCLB.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I actually like the sleeve stripes. They are new for current generation jerseys and they do add a vague military feel to the uniforms.

I was thinking the same. I love the jerseys, much better than they were when I saw them play as the thrashers.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I was really hoping that they would have light blue jerseys. But even with the monochrome navy I think these are pretty good. My only big criticism is the stripes crossing the blue sleeve on the road jersey. I'm also happy that they didn't use any red in the uniform. I have no problem at all with the red only being in the logo because of why it's in the logo. Great work by the Jets, definitely better than what the old Jets wore.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Columbus%20Blue%20Jackets%2050%20Antoine%20Vermette%20Blue%20New%20Third%20Jersey.jpg

That's the first I've seen of that one... a beautiful front, completely ruined by the :censored:ty fonts for the name and number. How sad.

That pic is 100% FAKE. It's from a china website called nfljerseyswhole.com. *FMH* C'mon people.

The font is close, but not exact. The zeros don't look like that...they are slightly thinner.

This one is from the official NFL Shop.

p8313118p275w.jpg

NHLShopCLB.jpg

... though it may be fake, it's not SO fake that it looks that much different. You still get the general idea of what these and the Peg's jerseys look like...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Columbus should discontinue those thirds not just in deference to Winnipeg but because they're really fugly. Talk about a clip art logo, yeesh.

As for the Blue Jackets' main uniforms, I'm sure the Jets could've come up with a way to incorporate the requisite red without resembling those.

Archived