New Winnipeg Jets Jerseys

nash61

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the white roads. The blue homes aren't as nice, but they're not bad.

I wonder if the blue homes would be better if they had a grey stripe up the sleeve similar to the blue stripe on the white away jerseys. Or better yet, make it a white stripe and make the two arm stripes silver with blue outline. That would be real nice. While I'm not keen on the logo I think the rest of this set works well enough to give it a pass. I think the number font works really nicely too....great choice IMO.

Is it just me or do the numbers look a bit Carolina-ish?

Yeah a little bit.

I really like the stripes on the white jersey. I know that's the hangup for a lot of people, but for me I think it looks good and is pretty unique without being over the top. They're sort of like what Nashville's first edge jerseys would look like if they looked good.

When I first saw them I thought the blues were the better of the two jerseys, but after digesting them all day, I'm definitely in the camp that prefers the white jersey. I think they're both really good though. Probably my favorite NHL unveiling since the Blue Jackets in 07.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I brought that up in the other thread. The Jets were the first team to embrace shoulder stripes as a design element. The Rangers tried it, but nobody liked it on them but John Ferguson. Worked for the Jets, though. They should've hung on to that template when they spruced up the logo for the '90s. The '90s jerseys were super-bland.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

mb7VL.png

Maybe going for something?

I see the correlation more now that you put these pics together. I also see what's bothering me most about their new logo...I hate the two shades of grey on the plane. It ruins it for me. I know they are going for a more detailed plane and beveled look for the leaf but it doesn't work. I wish they opted to stick closer to the actual Royal Airforce logo and stay simple. A silhouette of the plane in ONE shade of grey would have worked nicely against the leaf. Or maybe they could utilize a double outline around the outside of the plane to make it stand out a little more. As it stands now one half of the plane just gets totally lost. not good.

I love the NOB font...the numerals not so much though.

I swear I've seen that font before...can't place it right now though.

EDIT: Just did. Featured Item, anyone?

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I love the NOB font...the numerals not so much though.

I swear I've seen that font before...can't place it right now though.

EDIT: Just did. Featured Item, anyone?

I don't know if thats it, but its close. Maybe I'm wrong, but I originally thought of the Calgary Flames when I saw the font. But again, I could be wrong.

The Flames use Berthold City for names/numbers, as do the Blackhawks for their wordmark. The Jets' numbers look a little similar, but they're clearly condensed quite a bit.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

mb7VL.png

Maybe going for something?

I brought that up in the other thread. The Jets were the first team to embrace shoulder stripes as a design element. The Rangers tried it, but nobody liked it on them but John Ferguson. Worked for the Jets, though. They should've hung on to that template when they spruced up the logo for the '90s. The '90s jerseys were super-bland.

If you mean the full-length sleeve stripe, then I'd say (at least) the Flyers have them beat by several years.

mpfavell.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Another quick paint mock up...

Would this work on the home to match up with the road that everybody seems to like more:

Jets-2.jpg

I don't think so. On the real home jersey, there's just enough white and just enough powder blue as it is. Excluding some exceptions, I don't find it nice when a team with a very dark base color uses white full-arm stripes. It works on the whites, though.

Something that I do think may work though is if you take the home jersey and reverse both blues on everything except the arm stripes. I tried that in paint because I have a thing for powder blue uniforms, but I didn't post it. But I thought it looked good and it could have been as equally good as the real home jersey.

I know what's bothering me about the Blue Jerseys, the white stripes on the sleeves should be the same silver-royal blue-silver stripe pattern that is on the sleeves of the white jersey. Make the two jerseys consistent and they'd be even better.

PvO6ZWJ.png

i'm really convinced people are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

For years everyone complained about how ugly the thrashers uniforms were, and they really did look like ass. Now they relocate, come back as the jets and put out a classy traditional uniform devoid of black for blacks sake, ghost yokes, piping to no where, pit stains, bettman stripes, and includes hem stripes and striping that goes around. yet everyone complains.

let's examine:

They started out with this:

Thrashers02.png

added this monstrosity:

Thrashers06.png

continued the downward spiral of ugliness:

Thrashers07.png

and my personal favorite:

Thrashers08.png

now compare that to this:

Jets01.png

Now is there really any reason to complain? everyone wanted the jets. they gave everyone the jets. everyone wanted traditional uniforms. they gave everyone traditional uniforms.

could they be better? sure. could they be improved upon? sure. but compared to what this franchise has worn since it's inception, these are a godsend.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

It happened a whole lot faster than I thought it would, but I've now come around completely on the arm striping on the road. I love the vaguely military theme it adds (which is obviously what they're going for) like a naval rank insignia. If they made the arm stripes on the home that same light blue instead of white it might be perfect.

Archived